Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my favorite after-wheeling pasttimes at TLCA events is peering into other folks' Cruisers and seeing what kind of interior modifications they have. It's cool to see how people solved storage or lighting problems, where they mounted certain switches, how they routed some wire, etc... For example, at a long-ago Cruise Moab I spotted a beige FJ40 from San Diego that had a *sweet* setup for his ARB switches, he had welded a little box barely big enough for the two switches to his shifter, so that he could control the ARB's without taking his hand off of it. Very clean install, very well-executed.

So what's yours? Got a cool accessory mounted? Clean switch installation? What's *your* favorite interior modification? Let's see pics, too!

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I DONT KNOW IF THIS COUNTS BUT...........

CHANGING OUT STEERING WHEELS.............

NO MATTER WHAT POS OR PIMP RIDE YOU DRIVE ITS A LOT COOLER WITH A NICE WHEEL.

IN THE PROCESS OF PICKING ONE FOR MY 96 GMC XCAB.....

MAYBE COLORADO CUSTOMS OR BILLET SPECIALTIES..............

MMMMMMMMMM POLISHED BILLET ALUMINUM WRAPPED IN LEATHER.......

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
I am making my ARBs actuate from a shifter mounted on the gearstick :D Cool idea.

seats, and driver comfort are important, I too like to look at others and see what they have done! (thats why this site is so cool, everyone puts up pics, offers an opinion, and there is some awesome stuff to copy off!)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Since my days as a fishing guide, I've been obsessed with storage; I need my gear to be properly stowed, within easy reach, and secure, so I'm constantly searching for new storage options. My Tuffy console (8" wide, no separate stereo compartment) held the top spot until recently, when I added an overhead console from Oz. I love it, it's perfect for the little stuff that's always lost between the seats, and I just upgraded it with a Hella map light for the navigator.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
nice console!! what does it have on it? like lights and vents and stuff? Ive seen those advertised for sale over here.

nice 40 in background too :D

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
One of my favs for functionality is a bicycle brake for a throttle cable when using an manual tranny. Cool even when not using a manual tranny but makes wheeling a whole lot easier. Also pretty neat to completely remove your right foot from the picture. Wish I had a pic but you can get an idea...

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
My seats....so much nicer than the beat up factory one I had...I actually slid halfway out on a hot day in an offcamber. These keep my firmly in place...well them and the 4 pt harnesses. I need to get a tuffy over head....how have you gotten wires up there cleanly? zip tie to the roll cage?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fj40john said:
I need to get a tuffy over head....how have you gotten wires up there cleanly? zip tie to the roll cage?
John, I'm getting ready to wire TWO overhead consoles on my buddy Alex's FJ40 and I'm going to use the 7-cable trailer wire to run everything up cleanly.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
seat covers in my 60 to cover up the butt ugly brown and orange striped seats...now if only there were covers for the door panels.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
in the 40, made the seats removable with 1 padlock and 3 pins so i can use them for camping chairs (still have to finish the legs though.

·
Registered
673 Posts
As I put my 40 back together, I have thought a lot about storage space. What I think I might do is cut a hole in the rear bed area and put a storage box there. It has been done before so it is nothing new, but I think it is a cool idea. I have welded in a new bed recently so it seems like a convenient place for a storage box. It would be where an aux. gas tank would be.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Two little clear marker lights mounted on a old Caddy center console (armrest built in). One front on rear. Flip a switch and I can see where the hell things went! :) Soft Top, so you need some interior lights.

Tom :usa:

·
Registered
42 Posts
puttin my shifters back in so i can drive it.:D

sweet overhead consoles on those rigs guys.:eek:

so how does that bicycle brake work? seems to me like full throttle if youre not careful.is it connected to a t bar shifter or somethin?very cool idea but i dont fully get how its workin for ya.
my hand throttle will be for thumb only so i dont grab it on accident in a hairy situation.with a super bling b&m t-bar shiftr uv course

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
ME TOO. ANY IDEA HOW MUCH THE TACH AND SPEDO WERE, ADN WHAT MODELS THEY ARE??

·
Old Rock Doc
1,779 Posts

Must be a difference in age or the fact that I have used up all of my testosterone ....... my speedometer only goes to 80 mph:(

You know where to look for the details:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts