Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the down hill side of a axle swap for a friend. Should be moving alone pretty quickly now. We have most of the other parts and are hoping to have this done in Jan.

My camera was acting up and this is the only one I could find tonight.

Details and updated pics later

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah, the table is handy :D

Specs:
98 XJ
39.5 TSL
H1 with custom centers by me (modeled after someone on here)
HP 60
shaved 14B
rear spool
front locker (type ??)
35 spline outers
Yukon slugs
Artec arms
re-using the Rusty's RA setup
eliminating the rear shackle for a slider
'01 2500 Ram MC
Full hydro steering

Probably forgetting some stuff.

Overall

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And before anyone asks..... the DE cylinder is just sitting there, it's not mounted crooked.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Playing at Flat Nasty moments before he blew the D30 pinion. Matt had many years of abuse on his stock axles, but he finally decided that it was time for some real axles.

As it sat before going under the knife.

ballsucker fab 14B shave

Orb of traction. Don't ask why I took the time to make it all shiny and pretty :D

We should be pretty close to rolling it out of the garage before Jan. I only get to work on this thing one or two days a week. He is buying a Box4rocks, so that might hold us up for a minute cuz I gotta figure out how to run the spool gun at work :laughing:

·
Registered
147 Posts
were did you get those brackets on the front axle? those are fuckin bad ass. got a buddy looking for a ford 60 and would love to hove some like that

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We need longer front brake lines, waiting on the box4rocks, ready for gears, d-shafts and GO

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I made everything. I still have to finish weld and add a few things here and there for the front axle. The front with coils was kinda tight, but this is had we had to work with.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Any problems with the clearance on the driver side radius arm.
More pics of the setup?
I was considering running radius arms I already have on my front 60 or Going to build a 3 link.
What year is the sixty?
Looks damn good by the way man. good work

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really like the front tube work/ headlights on this. :smokin:

Surprised to see you didn't throw a separate upper link(s) up front to ditch the radius arms...
The tube work was done by a friend. I really like how it looks also. We decided to run the radius arm setup that he had because we didn't want to spend much on the suspension because we are building a buggy for this drivetrain soon. It worked well enough, so we left it alone.

im diggin the wheel centers
Thanks. I like how the Rogue Engineering ones are designed, however I didn't like the six spokes with eight lugs. So I made my version of them.

Any problems with the clearance on the driver side radius arm.
More pics of the setup?
I was considering running radius arms I already have on my front 60 or Going to build a 3 link.
What year is the sixty?
Looks damn good by the way man. good work
Clearance how so? The links kinda limit the travel, but we're not worried about it. The 3-link would have been idea, but the budget kinda dictated the link setup. I know that it would not have been much more, but money is money :D

·
Gravity Works!
30,943 Posts
Very nice fab work there, even though it's wasted on a Heep. :flipoff2:

So, what is that first letter in your gusset doohicky??? I can make out MT FAB is all. :confused:

The axle truss is badass too, nice work.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DMT FAB. I'm not sure that I like how it looks, but it'll work for now. Shouldn't you be working on your buggy right about now???

1 - 20 of 84 Posts