Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howday again
just courious if any body on this board is running fender well headders? i am assuming so otherwise i wouldnt ask, does any body have probs with power when initialy going into cold water w/ hot engine, ie loss of, because the cold water will be emediatly on the headers and thus cooling the exaust gas and thus slowing the velocity of the propagating wave front as so that the majority of scavaging will not take place at where (RPM) it should, resulting in a torque loss, i was concidering going with a wrap but from my experience from heat cycling it that much it will just get britle and fall off, was conciderign the white lightning but too expensive,yet very cool (literly and figuritivly) but again jsut wondering your .02

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Are you that concerned about how much power you have while submerged in water?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kinda
when you go into a deep mud hole in fall or spring(ie colder water, but i guess you would need this any time you go into a hole) you need some power to clean the tires out , thats my thinking any way

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I doubt you'd ever notice any power loss....

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
When I used to run fenderwell headers on my 304 I never noticed any poser (sic) loss when driving into water.

If you are really concerned about this cyrogenically treat the headers and have them ceramic coated. Tape wraps just lead to premature cracking of the primary tubing.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright thats what i wanted to hear real world experience
thanks,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts