Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into some clearance issues when I ran the compost pile. Low gears are so nice, but chunkin' the MTRs isn't. The Silverado is unfortunately stuck in the sprinkler trench. I lifted a tire and she started to roll so I bailed. As soon as my nerves settle down, I'll winch it out. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
you could shorten the aprons or eliminate them.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FJSRULE said:
you could shorten the aprons or eliminate them.
I could go buy a J**p too :flipoff2:

The turn signals are mounted as high as I wanted them and everything behind the bend is lined up with the new cutouts over the rear wheels. Form won over function this round. I wanted to see what was possible.

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
you could do a SR, that way the tire moves back, instead of forward :D
Shane

·
Newbie Forever
315 Posts
Mine hit like that to but I haven't installed the bump stops yet....Ran thru Swamp Lake & it only hits when it's stuffed and turn'n sharp. Meet me out at Moab next week...........we'll make um self clearance :D

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
i bought a stupid star so i could reply to this post ( you should feel lucky)

just kiddin

thread hi jack
look for my new post of my cruiser later today WITH PICS YAY
thread hi jack off

[/IMG]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cruiser Ken said:
Looks good, what did you use to roll the lip?
Hammer, welder, grinder, cut-off...

I made a second pass after this shot was taken to roll the lip under the fender.+

Attachments

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
TRIM UP AN INCH AND WELD IN SOME 3/8'" ROUND STOCk

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
Cut the upper apron then move the fender up. Those are 37's w/ the front springs flipped forward.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
trade fenders with me if you're gonna cut them

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Why are bump stops NEVER an option? The sheetmetal and suspension are already screaming: COMPROMISE! :eek:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I dig a rig with good articulation, but these young whippersnappers have been brainwashed by the magazine fawkers that took to extreme-articulating rigs like a duck takes to water since they made better cover shots and photo layouts. :shaking:

Fire extinguisher at the ready.:D

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
4x4Poet said:
I dig a rig with good articulation, but these young whippersnappers have been brainwashed by the magazine fawkers that took to extreme-articulating rigs like a duck takes to water since they made better cover shots and photo layouts. :shaking:

Fire extinguisher at the ready.:D
:flipoff2:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts