Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few pics of how it sits right now. Still debating weather i should box the frame or not.. the fresh paint on the frame wasent thick enough, so now i have surface rust over the frame :( . I decided to do a flat bed, with a tool box.. feel free to mock up some designs for me :p .
You can see the kind of stripped cab. Trying to decide weather to keep this cab and clip on there, or swap on my other complete cab and clip (also the difference between boxing the frame and not, to some degree). My steering collumn didnt bolt up though between the 77 internals, and the 79 cab. Anyone want to give me an idea what I did wrong here? I am clueless, except for getting a 79 collumn. I also have the 79 dash, but it has the cutouts for the AC, which this truck didnt come with.
Should have the 10 bolt front and dana 60 rear in in a few days, then the truck will sit again for a few months until i have time to work on it again.

Garrett

BTW, another option i have been looking at is selling this, my lowered dodge, and my 4 runner, building up my 96 that you see in the background, and buying a little gulf TDI to drive the hell out of.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, I am planning on running F-150 front shock mounts, with the shocks mounted on top of the axle. Can I mount the shock at any angle, or is there an angle that works the best? Just asking because I can mount it on the over side of the engine crossmember for extra strength.

Also, on the rear mounts, i want to take the factory mount, and mount it so it is directly above the axle. Will I have enough clearence to mount the shocks, or am i going to run into problems with lack of travel because of the placment (I think i will be raising the bottom mount up about 6" or so).

Garrett

·
Registered
889 Posts
looks sweet, just one question... 10 bolt front??:confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts