Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 Tahoe LT 4X4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a FF 14 bolt in my 1999 Tahoe 4x4. I want to use 4 12 inch wide 16 inch diameter tires on the axle.
Looking at using 4 R1 tractor tires in this at this size to climb dunes at Glamis on the Mexican side. Spend a lot of time in Mexico so I can get used 14 FF bolt cheaper than US and get labor at far cheaper rates than US.
I have limited knowledge of automotive matters in general and no experience doing actual repairs myself.
Would like to know how feasible what I am considering to actually complete and any other recommendations you might have to for dune running with my Tahoe.
I would like to use 3.73 gears in the FF 14 bolt and have a G80 in it.

·
blatant asshole
14,319 Posts
14bff g80 will handle that just fine

If youre not willing to tub out the tahoe body you need width.
88+ drw or van axle at the very minimum.

If you run drw rims youll need at least a 4" spacer.

You might even want to consider offsetting the out rims even further.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Why not just use two (1 each side) wide sand paddle tires in a ht. that won't interfere with the body? It sounds easier with less cobbleing of parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wide tires, lots of sidewall, and air down. I'm not real familiar with tractor tires, but I'm guessing they aren't real squishy and are instead kinda rigid - the exact opposite of what you want for floatation... generally, can still get into lots of trouble with a full size truck in the dunes even with appropriate tires aired down.

·
Registered
440 Posts
You can get ag tires that are soft, wide, and squishy. The problem is most of the hee haw sister fucking mudder types go for the rigid narrow ones like you'd find on an old timey Ford 9N style stractor.

·
blatant asshole
14,319 Posts
Well you can stuff arsenol and turf both up your lexicon while i get linguesticaly laquatius about rice n canes.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Turf tire is the word you're not finding in your arsenal.
If I meant turf tire I would have used the word turf. I did not.

Flotation tires would be a good choice here, note the lack of the term "turf" there as well. Go back to humping your sister while praying to the stars and bars and listening to country music.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts