Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked high and fucking low trying to find one of these. searched google for hours with no luck.
Heres the specs on the motor

Brand: General Electric
Model: 5KUP19KG517
HP: 1/8 RPM: 3450/2850 V115
Cont. Class B Amb 25c Code H
Cap 10 MFD Rot. CCW/CW

Not sure what all that means but its what was stamped onto the can.

Heres a crude ass drawing of some of the measurements. If ya need more i can get them.

Might be able to go with one of the motors with a flat base on the side of the can.. not sure.

Attachments

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Toyota_Jim said:
I have looked high and fucking low trying to find one of these. searched google for hours with no luck.
Heres the specs on the motor

Brand: General Electric
Model: 5KUP19KG517
HP: 1/8 RPM: 3450/2850 V115
Cont. Class B Amb 25c Code H
Cap 10 MFD Rot. CCW/CW

Not sure what all that means but its what was stamped onto the can.

Heres a crude ass drawing of some of the measurements. If ya need more i can get them.

Might be able to go with one of the motors with a flat base on the side of the can.. not sure.
Well, to decode the tag:
1/8 horsepower, 2 pole (3450 RPM) 115 Volts
Class B insulation rated at ambient temperature of 25 degrees celsius. needs a 10 microfarad capacitor, and can be connected to run clockwise or counter clockwise (by moving one of the wires on the capacitor to the other pole on the capacitor)

by your dimensions, it looks very similar to a 3.3 NEMA Frame size.

Fasco, AO Smith/Magnetek, and Franklin Electric make some small motors like that, and you might have some luck finding a close replacement. Since it came on a sharpening machine, it is likely that you will not find that model number in a catalog or online, as it was most likely an OEM supplied motor for that company. Your best bet is to try to have that one rebuilt at a motor shop, have them find a suitable cross over replacement for it, or call the manufacturer and see if they can sell you a service replacement or give some idea as to a private sourced replacement. I looked in the catalogs I have, but unfortunately they don't list anything that small.

Hope this helps......

Chad (Spent a lot of time speccing and testing ventilation fan motors with the big OEM manufacturers in a past life)

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Just looked at the link to the fasco site that someone posted. the D219 looks like a pretty good match based on info at hand. you can always shorten the shaft and extend the flat if needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.