Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 214 Posts

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had myself a bitchen truck but sold it to build something new and spent up all my cash. So an opportunity to race on a local event gave some motivation to get something together. This will be a extreme budget build 2000 bucks total for just the truck and mods( except safety equipment,cage,seats,belts ,nets). The plan is simple stock gears,stock suspension points except the shocks,stock motor,stock t-case welll you get the idea. This build is about getting back to my roots and not going overboard with every mod you can do. Here are some pics. Sitting in mothballs Land vehicle Vehicle Car Off-roading Off-road vehicle
getting it out and starting some clean-up Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Off-road vehicle
the motor Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Scrap

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Found some badness in the crank and put in some new thrusts Architecture Font Metal Fender Number
got all the floor stuff up and made a bearing retainer for the column still have to get the removable steering wheel stuff Vehicle Auto part Engine
rears all the way around cut 7 packs up to make these Plant Metal
motor is almost done had to shave the head 15 thou.

Attachments

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm limited to 31's for this event Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Automotive wheel system
.groove them back to life a little Tire Synthetic rubber Tread Automotive tire Auto part
placing the motor back in with a massaged firewall and a 2" motor setback Vehicle Engine Car Auto part
. Gutted the doors for skins and will skin the whole truck so it still looks like a truck Vehicle Car
.and trussed the rear axle a little Vehicle Bumper Subcompact car Family car
. That's it for now gotta have the truck ready by may 4th.

· Premium Member
36,061 Posts
Nice, always good stuff :smokin:

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Got some shocks from craigslist OME 10 travel they are new for a fj80 but im sure I can make work Yellow
and also got the carb linkage done runnin the weber backwards Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Carburetor

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
You post pics of teh blazer. Thanks Dave! I will keep ya posted. Here is a shot of the carb and some cooling hose routing and block off plates. The egr one on the manifold side is more oc a vanity plate as it doesn't block anything anyhow. Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Fuel line
Engine Auto part Vehicle Automotive engine part Car

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got all the springs in. Took 7 rear packs to make these. 6 leaf in front and 5 in back also got the trussed rear in and the column all set up. Got the racing meats on also. Auto part Fuel line Pipe Vehicle Gas
Vehicle Chassis Car Auto part Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vintage car Pickup truck

· Registered
25,884 Posts
My 'new' rig came w some work on it u did(rear jj shackle hangers and bent shackles to clear tailgate, etc). The work was clean and particularlly nice(im actually cutting it off and reusing it since i liked it so much but have other things to change). First rig i didnt torch the original owners mods off and toss:D

In other words...... People in the nevada area who need fabwork/weld/repair, go see eric!!!

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Try to do a little everyday. Cut the floor to move the case up. Going to hard mount the cab. Took the cab off and cleaned off the frame completely. Mounted the spares and cut out the shock crossmember and the horseshoe one. Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Tire
Auto part
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Floor
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Transport Commercial vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got the motor back in! Started getting the cab back together also. Welded up sheetmetal over all the holes in the firewall. I will use alum to make a cover plate over the shifters in 2 pieces so that I can have access to the drive line from above. The front driveline will be 32" and the rear 42". The transfer case hangs down 1.625". Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Engine Auto part
Vehicle Auto part Metal
Bumper Vehicle Auto part
Auto part Vehicle Soil Car

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Front axle getting some work. That's tg truss dimpled and the ball gussets are 1x2 .125 channel. Filled the steering stops with 1 inch solid rod. Going to put a fill/ inspection plug above that diff plating. Motor vehicle Auto part Engine Vehicle Car
Auto part Pipe
Auto part Bumper Machine tool Machine
Bumper Auto part Automotive exterior Engine Vehicle
Auto part Vehicle Metal

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks! Threw the hood up just to see how far I wanted to come out with a stinger. Also got the trans tunnel back in Frankentruck style and all the rest of the crap on the front of the frame (almost). Tire Automotive tire Auto part Vehicle Wheel
Vehicle Construction equipment Bulldozer
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive exterior Hardtop

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm going for lightweight so here is the rock sliders 2x4 with dimpled holes and the backs cut out. I will weld them all up and the cage will attach to them. The cage will Exo on the back and roof then come down The sides in front of the doors to the rock slider where the front fenders will cover it up the dash bar will be on the inside-ish and then the door bars will be on the inside along with all the seat mounting stuff and then of course the whole frame underneath the hood going down to the frame and stinger. The start of the front spring hanger/winch plate/skid is pictured also. Floor Bumper Wood Ceiling Automotive exterior
Vehicle Auto part Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Auto part Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

1 - 20 of 214 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.