Pirate 4x4 banner

201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #201 (Edited)
Got it all street legal with turn signals and brake lights. As for headlights I'm still working on it. So par 46 bulbs ( sealed beam ones for a 4 headlight system) fit into kc style cans and viola! DOT approved lamps.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
DOOOOOL!! This rig is sick! Great work man. Might loosely use some of your ideas on my 80 build

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #209 (Edited)
And the bar going from side to side bolts into one of the tailgate holes at the top and a hole at the bottom I welded a nut to the backside of. The bottom pan of the bed is just cut down and screwed to the sides.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #211 (Edited)
Finally putting some 5:29s in. Everything I have done on this truck has been second hand. So horse trading, Craigslist, forum hunting has been the mode of acquisition. Currently putting in 2" FOA air bumps, 5:29s Detroit rear and open front, and a Jaz fuel cell. I've changed the exhaust multiple times and got the carb jetting perfect. For reference it's a 2.4 liter stock bottom end, head milled 15 thousands, intake is stock ported with a transdapt carb adapter, 38 dgas weber and a Doug thorley header 2.25 with a magnaflow muffler and glass packed exhaust tip. Carb jetting 60 idle, 135 fuel main, 170 air and the accel pump jet opened up with the point of a scribe. Ignition is a Hei module firing an MSD coil with a step hotter spark plug. Revs to 5 k no problem and pulls 75 mph on the highway in 4th with 4:37s on 35s. Truck weighs 3300.

201 - 214 of 214 Posts