Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY, I found time to get back into the garage and get some wrenching done for my 40!! :) Spent yesterday evening and this morning putting together my SM420 and then putting on the adaptor plate to mate the 420 with my ToyBox. The SM420 went together fairly easily, but I had a problem with the plate (leaves about a 1/16in+ gap between the plate and face of the 420 :confused: ), which I'm waiting for an answer on Marlin's msg board!

Bad news is, I'm off to Portugal tomorrow and will have to wait until Saturday to do more! Should have the 2F, Sm420, ToyBox and 3sp tcase all together ready for crossmember/ToyBox support by end of next week!!

Here are a couple of pics!

The gap!

Oops, ALMOST forgot these;)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Way to go Shawn....:D Bout time you got some work done...:D

Good luck on the Marlin Adapter... I'm sure he'll get you squared up...;)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit
Way to go Shawn....:D Bout time you got some work done...:D [/QUOTE]

First off, its SEAN !!:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Good luck on the Marlin Adapter... I'm sure he'll get you squared up...;)
Second, Thanks!! BigMike asked me to stadby until Marlin or Cruzila gets a chance to see my post over there!:D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
MD11Fr8Dog said:
First off, its SEAN !!:flipoff2: :flipoff2:
Hey I knew that, I was just making sure you remembered how to spell it... all those long overdue hours working on your cruiser could have messed with your head...:D

You passed:D

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
MD11Fr8Dog said:
I had a problem with the plate (leaves about a 1/16in+ gap between the plate and face of the 420 :confused: ), which I'm waiting for an answer on Marlin's msg board!

'Bout time you got your butt off the slopes and did some work. the gap looks like it might be due to some cheesy retaining rings for the rear bearings. Some of the aftermarket rings are a little too big to fit into the recesses in the adaptor plate. Try the OEM ones if you have them.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
FINALLY..........WHEN ARE YOU GANNA TEST THE CAGE:flipoff2:

·
5,906 Posts
Sean, I pmed ya on Marlins board. So you don't even have the 420 together yet?? WOW you got a lotta work to do.

Scott

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Finally got started!!

Pin Head said:

'Bout time you got your butt off the slopes and did some work. the gap looks like it might be due to some cheesy retaining rings for the rear bearings. Some of the aftermarket rings are a little too big to fit into the recesses in the adaptor plate. Try the OEM ones if you have them.
Sheesh, I wish that was the case!! Only about 15 days so far this year! Its been the add-on construction and work getting in the way!!

I'll try the the rings, but they looked the same. The bearings came with the rings already on, so they looked like they fit fine!!

Thx

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
71RCKCRZR RYAN said:
FINALLY..........WHEN ARE YOU GANNA TEST THE CAGE:flipoff2:

Hehe, its been stripped and painted, you might not recognize it!!:D It'll go on right after the tub goes back on, maybe within the next two weeks!! :fingers crossed:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cruzila said:
Sean, I pmed ya on Marlins board. So you don't even have the 420 together yet?? WOW you got a lotta work to do.

Scott
Oh, its together! Just can't get that plate to seat!! :mad: I'll call you Sat!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts