1,150 Posts
its a 1979 f-150 box

it looked better when it was my yota

SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
no radiator no passenger appron. As stated above, still have alot of little things to get this thing done.

·
Registered
287 Posts
man...i like the swept-wing look on the cage, just looks fast, ha ha

is it goin to get tied to the frame anywhere?

malphrus

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
looks sick

im with those guys...could use an x or V in the main hoop.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
any updates on this thing? wheeling pics? hows the performance/power with the 22re?

chris:cool2:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Sweet rig man! Everything is turning out super clean and sweet. I dig the idea and execution. One thing I would add though is a V in the windsheild. You wouldnt believe the strength that will add to you cage and after 2 of our buddys had cages collapse at the top windsheild bar basicle everyone has one now. It never really gets in the way of your viewing either. Just a suggestion though. :)

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
One of the coolest cruisers I have seen! I love the color, wheels, cage. I might have to think about stealing your paint scheme. What color is that for the silver?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Looks great! Except for the jeep seats :barf:

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
hey guys, i brought this thread back from the dead to see how it works with the 22re. it hasent been updated since july of 2005...

chris:cool2:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yah I lost a bunch of my build up pics when we switch the servers for Jcroffroad.

Anyways...

The cruiser works great. I don't drive it on the street, but I have had it up to 60 mph. It seems to be pretty peppy, however I did make it very light. I have yet to have it weighed, but guessing around 3500lbs.

Offroad the cruiser rocks. I love it. Took me a couple trips to get comfortable with it, but could not be happier! I am going to be adding a 4.7:1 case as my second case instead of the stock case. I want it to be slower on decents, I find myself on the brakes sometimes.

Here are some pics of some wheeling trips I had it on this last summer/fall

·
Registered
191 Posts
I really have always loved this cruiser, I think if I were to start over I would do something similar. At this point all I can do (and have been doing) is remove everything that doesn't hold the rig together :flipoff2:.

You really don't see too many cruisers like that, most are fat pigs :D with everything imaginable on board.

·
Registered
143 Posts
need some help

first thing...your rig looks great nice stance, ok my question, you put mini axles under it and outboard the spring hanger.. Im using 79 mini axles under our 65fj40 ( in the process of rebuilding them) but can you tell me the measurements for your spring hangers? did you move the spring perches at all on the axles front/rear.

any info would be helpful

thank you for your time

tom mack
65fj40
sb350/th350/np205

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
MRMorgan said:
What size tires are those?
36x12.5x15 Sx's

commoshark said:
.. Im using 79 mini axles under our 65fj40 ( in the process of rebuilding them) but can you tell me the measurements for your spring hangers? did you move the spring perches at all on the axles front/rear.
I did not move the perches on the axle at all. I got the cruiser from another guy that already had it built up, so I have no idea what stock hangers/width on FJ40's are. I just cleaned the frame and let mine fall where they must....here are a couple pics of the front end, hope you can make it out.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts