Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I finally purchased an '07 silver FJC after looking at them for years. I've been on PBB for a good while and this isn't my first Toy. I have plans for this build, but it will remain pretty low-key for the next several years. That's what I said about my last build, though, and it turned into this:

Anyways, this is the new rig:

I HATE the step-bars, but the woman likes the convienance. I will be giving All-pro a call for some sliders before long... It'll also see a RC 3" and Interco Vortrac's in 35x12.5x17 within the next year, plus some fender well hammering.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I got the all pro DOM rails with the top plates. The wife n kids don't have any issues getting in n out. I also put some skate board grip tape on the top side to keep the kids feet from sliding around when the rain hits.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight. I'm going to get the standard duty ones without the plate fillers, I think. I ran HREW sliders on my 4Runner without issues, and the FJ will be a much more mild rig. Skateboard tape is a great idea! There's a shop right up the road from me. Maybe I'll rock some lime green tape as a throwback... :laughing:

Out of curiosity: since the tape is porous, do you ever have issues with it holding a bit of water and freezing in winter? I think I'm over thinking it a bit.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I live in the high desert of CA. so while it does get to freezing in the winter there normally isn't a lot of water to freeze then...to make a short story long basically I don't know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts