·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow..

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Let's see, since the grill is on right side up it must be the rubber shock boots..... or maybe the All Terrains in the rear with tsl's in front......couldn't be that custom steering design could it???

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Looks perfect to me, not enough chrome maybe.

Seriously, it frightens me what 1. people do to there vehicles 2. that they drive them and 3. that they post the end results all over the net.

Stock steering and no shackle reversal along with that that thing, what ever it is welded to the tierod, people should be euthanized.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
That tie rod and drag link looks down right frightening:eek:
That's fawked up !
And whats with the shock attached to the ....pitman arm :confused:
Someone better straighten that guy out before he hurts himself.
BTW, I like that " some people should be euthanized. ":laughing:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
That reminds me of a Cruiser I looked at for sale awhile back. It was on the side of the road, with a sign on the windshield, V8 $7,000.

The guy must have been a real genious :rolleyes:
He had done a spring over and to get his tie rod to clear the springs, he took a torch and bent both steering arms up. They came off the knuckles at about a 30 or 40 degree angle..scarey !
If that wasn't enough, he had fricken blocks under the springs for extra lift :eek:
After further inspection I noticed he still had drum brakes and manual steering with 35 inch tires.
The most frightening thing was the guy had an infants car seat in the passenger seat!

I got in my car and left the scene for fear of an accident:D

It's amazing what some people can do to a Cruiser.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reddog said:
And whats with the shock attached to the ....pitman arm :confused:
I thought that was stock....

It still has lots of problems though..

Why is a lack of SR wrong??

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
For one thing the bozo used lift springs wih a SO which in itself is OK if you want tall ass truck, then sunk the shackles into the frame horns( I think):confused: I guess to lower it some, or to give it some more caster. the front shocks are way too long, looks like it either has stock manual steering or at least still has the center pivot arm. Doing a SR in conjuction with a SO gets at least 3 more inchs of aproach angle.
Not sure if it helps anywhere else, I've never driven one much with a SO and stock shackle design.
Butch

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
texican said:
For one thing the bozo used lift springs wih a SO which in itself is OK if you want tall ass truck, then sunk the shackles into the frame horns( I think):confused: I guess to lower it some, or to give it some more caster. the front shocks are way too long, looks like it either has stock manual steering or at least still has the center pivot arm. Doing a SR in conjuction with a SO gets at least 3 more inchs of aproach angle.
Not sure if it helps anywhere else, I've never driven one much with a SO and stock shackle design.
Butch
A bit much lift IMHO. the spring hanger is outboarded. Dual Waggy 44's:rolleyes:

I suspect manual steering or the mini steering. ( I hate the center steering arms!!)

And Butch you have ridden on one. Of course it was not for long, Someone yelled at me ;)

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
helocat said:
And what is up with the one “All Terrain” tire in the back, yet swappers on the front? Aaaa ya. :rolleyes:

Mark
Better street manners ;)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Well, if the front end is locked, and the guy couldn't afford a full set of tires, the front is the best place for them...much more traction there, might as well give it to the better tires, right?

Oh, and there's a kid around here who's trying to build his cruiser to run 38's, and he figures he can go for at least this year without power steering...

Yeah. Right.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Jason M said:

I thought that was stock....

It still has lots of problems though..

Why is a lack of SR wrong??

Sorry, I mixed my opinion with my reply, I prefer a properly done SR on any LandCruiser, not just SO models.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts