Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of anyplace like pick n pull or an auto wrecking yard near the san jose or within 100 miles where I can get a good 8.8 out of an explorer with disc brakes.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it. Just hoping to find one without driving for an hour and a half. If I don't have one by the time i go up to sac in a few weeks i will check it out

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got mine from a local 4x4 shop. They buy them when the opportunity arises and sell them to guys like us looking for a donor. It was stored inside, absolutely complete and in great shape as well as reasonably priced. I would never have looked at a 4x4 shop but that's where some of the other guys in our local club were picking them up there. Just a possible alternative to a junk yard. Some people are picking these up at Ford shops as well since they're really popular to swap into late model Mustangs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got mine on craigslist. The guy had crashed his explorer. Instead of searching for 8.8's specifically, I searched for people parting out explorers. That way there is a better chance the person has no idea what an 8.8 is and will give you a deal to come take it out yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts