Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i made the icehouse road to wentworth springs road to 193 loop this morning and there is a bunch of smoke in that area. it looked like the fire was by georgetown airport (at least that is what appeared to be the thickest smoke). i looked on the cal fire site and they list some lightning strike fires burning but no information on them. i'm curious where it is at and how big it is.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started in the evening yesterday. I was headed back from the con and saw the strikes, shortly there after, smoke and numerous fire trucks trying to access the area.

we had some gnarly lightning and thunder here also yesterday.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
lot of lightning, thunder, and rain in the shasta area also,27 strikes were reported in the trinity's with 7 small fires going as of 6am today

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that what started the fire near PPines:confused:

i don't know. when i was driving home yesterday it was in the middle of the thunder storm. when i got off the freeway at the first exit chp had the on ramp blocked and i could see smoke. i think the fire was on or by the freeway behind the westhaven inn.

·
5,729 Posts
i don't know. when i was driving home yesterday it was in the middle of the thunder storm. when i got off the freeway at the first exit chp had the on ramp blocked and i could see smoke. i think the fire was on or by the freeway behind the westhaven inn.

Im talking about the one around the Mill run area

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was smokey on the north side of 50 when we came home from Rubicon, not real bad....but the tankers have been flying over the house for a few hrs now. Im not so sure they are for the soldier fire though.
i guess that one is still burning or atleast was a little while ago. i am listening to the scanner and hearing crews getting released from it: http://www.sandrserve.com/eldoscanner/main.htm

now i want a scanner. i was listening to this and heard a call about an accident on pony express trail and then a minute later i heard the sirens jam by.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts