Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on this swap. Swapping a Firebird M/C for the Samurai M/C. What years to look for ?? Is there any other swaps out there ??

Thanx.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Interesting conversations...

Ive also wondered why the Firebird MC is so popular.
Im still running the stock 7/8" Samurai MC and booster on my setup.Its very firm with great feedback, and I can lockup my 33's with ease.

F-150 rotors in front
Mazda 4 piston aluminum calipers

Samurai discs in back
Nissan rear calipers w/park brakes

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I think if I had some need to swap masters, I'd go with the Mazda 929 unit. But, I have stock master and stock 85 Yota axles/brakes and they work great.
Travis..

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Crashnzuk: I did the mazda MC and I'm not impressed. I have front 4 piston stock toy calipers and chevy eldorado rears. My sammy MC was bad and so I wanted to upgrade, but infact the sammy MC felt better (more pressure) and right after I did this change NC Zuk showed me this and now I'm going back to stock

http://www.dragracingonline.com/technical/vi_5-cylinders-2.html

-Tristan

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just checking my options. I have Dana's under it with my own brackets using the stock samurai calipers. Runnin 36's . Seems OK ,but I was thinking it could be a little better. Are ther other calipers that are better than stock that bolt right up. I don't want to make new brackets. THANX

·
Registered
81 Posts
Easy swap to do and it works very well. Just long gate the holes a little to mount... add some permetex to seal the booster and plug the extra little hole on the bottom.
I have rear disc and Nissan Calipers. I ran all new brake lines and eliminated my Prop valve and added an adjustable one up near the Master.
I bought a new master... ordered for a Early 80's Firebird with 4 wheel discs. I don't rember the cost... but it wasn't much... under $30.00 I think.
Reaney in NH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts