Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
Edit: DJ Safety, I would never go with anything different now that I have had the pleasure of working with them...

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
DJ Safety usually has a full line already on the shelf, their prices are competitive, and they are in Southern California, which for you, may speed shipping or you can visit them when you're in Glendale next week because they are not too far from there.

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Dude, come awn Dave.....Brett is a DJ Safety dealer, call him.:p

·
Registered
846 Posts
I 2nd that...DJ Saftey

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Alpinestars - Really nice, very confortable
Oakley - They are in stock straight from Oakley and really nice - They are made by well known company in the industry

PM me or call me and I'll get you my contacts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
a bit more of advice, if you're doing a 2 peice, coat sizes run pretty true but order you pants 2 sizes bigger than you think you normally wear!!!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
a bit more of advice, if you're doing a 2 peice, coat sizes run pretty true but order you pants 2 sizes bigger than you think you normally wear!!!

Really? I tried on two different kinds of pants at the race car shop before I got what I have now. I'm not exactly small...I wear 36-38" waist. If shorts or pants say XL, I buy those. I have the smallest XL firesuit pants out of the other two that I tried on and they fall off me.

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
Really? I tried on two different kinds of pants at the race car shop before I got what I have now. I'm not exactly small...I wear 36-38" waist. If shorts or pants say XL, I buy those. I have the smallest XL firesuit pants out of the other two that I tried on and they fall off me.

Really?? Cause my pants are waaaayyyy too tight, but the jacket fits great... I wear a 32-34 inch waist...the waist isn't the problem, but the tighs are way too tight.... I hate mine, but they were cheap, so it fits the rig:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Hate to dig this back up, but...

Are one piece or 2 piece better? I am 6' / 165. Looking at the size charts on some of the sites, it looks like the only way to get the length leg I need is to get a larger waist than I need.

Also, are shoes and gloves (fire rated) that you see with the suits required for W.E.Rock?

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
No required for W.E.ROCK but you can gerally get a package deal on a firesuit and the gloves and shoes are cheap and very smart to use.

I would suggest going to DJ Safety. I recently buoght through them and it was nothing short of the best service I have ever had in safety gear. 323 221 0000

·
Registered
9,839 Posts

Are one piece or 2 piece better? I am 6' / 165. Looking at the size charts on some of the sites, it looks like the only way to get the length leg I need is to get a larger waist than I need.

Also, are shoes and gloves (fire rated) that you see with the suits required for W.E.Rock?

Ok to answer the first part of your question....

1 piece is required for all the Off Road Racing Org's, like score, bitd, snore, mdr, etc...
W.E.ROCK allows a 2 piece.....
XRRA allows 2 piece.....
KOH allows 2 piece..... but recommends 1 piece

The reason for the rock sports allowance of 2 piece is that there is always staff on hand with in feet of your vehicle, in desert racing there is no staff available and your on your own in an emergency situation

Big

·
Registered
2,977 Posts

Im 6'4" tall, and have a Crow 1 piece in an XL, and the leg length is fin for me (I'm about a 35" inseam, but usually wear 34" inseam, because finding pants in a 34/36 is kinda rough)

I also own a Simpson 1 piece, and really like the Crow unit A LOT better...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Thanks for the insight.

XJ_Ranger, you are wearing a XL for the length, is it too big in the waist? I usually wear about a 30 waist / 36 inseam.

I like the idea of the 1 piece, but don't want them too short on the body and the legs coming up to my knees when in the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Thanks for the insight.

XJ_Ranger, you are wearing a XL for the length, is it too big in the waist? I usually wear about a 30 waist / 36 inseam.

I like the idea of the 1 piece, but don't want them too short on the body and the legs coming up to my knees when in the vehicle.
Its got a velco belt? that can tighten on the waste... Its not too big on the waste, but i weigh in about 50lbs heavier than you... at around 210 on an average day...

Here is a crappy picture that doesnt really show what we're talking about -

Its long enough that for the 10 minutes that it takes me to time out in the rig, I'm not worried about what the guys will think. :D

Honestly, I dont think the length was an issue, and I think once I tightened the velco 'belt' a little it fit me comfortably enough - I generally wore the fire suit all day at comp (unziped the top, and tied the arms around my waste 80's style) T-shirt under, no pants... worked fine for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts