Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

The First Annual Virginia Tech Memorial Trail Ride will be held on July 26th and 27th, 2008 and will be hosted by the Sinking Creek 4-Wheel Drive Association (SC4WDA).

Big Dogs Offroad, located in Winchester, Virginia, has graciously offered to house this year’s event. Registration for the VTMTR is $65 per rig. This registration includes one ticket for a raffle. A portion of this fee is a donation to the following benefactors: Virginia Tech Rescue Squad; Blacksburg Volunteer Rescue Squad; Blacksburg Volunteer Fire Department. These rescue organizations were first responders to the tragedy that occurred on April 16, 2007 at the Virginia Tech campus. All profits from this event, in addition to a portion of the registration fee, will be donated to the aforementioned benefactors. Neither SC4WDA nor Big Dogs will make any profit from this event.

The following events will be held throughout the course of the weekend; Raffle, Mud Bog, Show and Shine. The vendor list for the raffle will be updated via Sinking Creek’s public VTMTR Forum.

SC4WDA is a technically oriented off-highway driving club, located in Blacksburg, Virginia, which prides itself in community involvement. Our member base includes, but is not limited to, students of Virginia Tech and surrounding colleges and schools, and non-students. All club members have close ties to not only the Virginia Tech community, but also the Blacksburg and 4-Wheel drive communities.

Information:

www.bigdogsoffroad.com
http://www.sc4wda.org.vt.edu/forums/

Registration is now open on BigDogsOffroad.com - click me to register!!

Mark Your Calendar
What: Virginia Tech Memorial Ride
When: July 26-27 2008
Where: Big Dogs Offroad in Winchester VA
Cost: $65.00

If you would like more information on becoming a vendor for this event please e-amil me at [email protected]

I would like to extend a thanks to our current sponsors:

Low-Range Magazine - http://www.low-range.com/ free subs!!

Arcet Welding Supply - www.arcet.com welder for repairs for the weekend

Advance Adapters - www.advanceadapters.com $250 gift cert.

Brian at Front Range Offroad Fab has generously donated a twin-stick setup for Toyota gear driven cases. A $189 value!

Jesse at High Angle Driveline has done it again with a gift certificate for $200. Good for anything he sells!

Last but not least, Rob @ MUCHADO will be kicking down some vids for your viewing pleasure.

Sniper Fabis generously donating a CJ/YJ/TJ tube fender kit!!! thanks SF!!!

Thanks to 4x4 Connection!!!!!

thanks to BCDS!!!!

Thanks to FOA Shocks!!!

Thanks to KORE / Arya Ebrahimi!!!!!1

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cody did you write that?! I didn't know you spoke so well! :flipoff2:
and i only revised it (seriously) about 30 times ... with input from 5 others :flipoff2:

you know people ... and you are a hokie!!! help our cause man!!! get involved!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I was a SC4WDA member, roughly '99 - '01. I'm working on a friend's truck right now and I hope to make the run. Great idea, btw.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
lets keep this at the top! more details to come as they are worked out. this is gonna be a great event everyone!

Peter

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was a SC4WDA member, roughly '99 - '01. I'm working on a friend's truck right now and I hope to make the run. Great idea, btw.
good to hear!! with SC4WDAs close ties to the university / community (as you know) we felt we needed to give something back and this is what we came up with.

we look forward to the sinking creek reunion!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
lets keep this at the top! more details to come as they are worked out. this is gonna be a great event everyone!

Peter
You gonna have the dodge ready? :confused: :flipoff2:

In all seriousness though, this is going to be a great run, and a chance to wheel at a park that is normally only open 4 times a year (its being opened a 5th time for our event.)

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
FYI you cant have a first annual anything. The first time an event occurs its called inaugural. The second time you have it, it becomes an annual event.. looks like a good time, just busting your chops...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FYI you cant have a first annual anything. The first time an event occurs its called inaugural. The second time you have it, it becomes an annual event.. looks like a good time, just busting your chops...
it will be a great event, definitely.

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
I'm in and I'm pretty sure I can get some of the Dark Side Off-Road gang in too.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SO where can I send my money to sign up??
we are currently working with John at Big Dogs to get a webpage up for pre-registration. John is already capable of all of this so we are letting him help us out on it.

we will post the link as soon as the page is ready ... should be up within a few weeks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
HEY GUYS!!!! We need you to show your support for this in a big way! This is a great place to wheel with the money going to a great cause! Post up and help us show magazines and vendors that this is worthy of their attention and support!!!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Bump!

Cody (affende) has been a friend of mine for a very long time. He's talked with me about this a few times, and I know how serious he is about getting this going.

I'm way too far away to consider making it down, but, go if you can! I'm sure it will be a great event.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bump!

Cody (affende) has been a friend of mine for a very long time. He's talked with me about this a few times, and I know how serious he is about getting this going.

I'm way too far away to consider making it down, but, go if you can! I'm sure it will be a great event.
i assume this is bean .... thanks for the props man ....

and thanks to Dark Side Off-Road .... i hear through the grapevine a handful of you guys are coming down for the event ....

1 - 20 of 265 Posts