Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i probably should'nt be posting these cause it's not my rig and i'm just helping out but wtf?!

Attachments

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we were'nt able to use the rear part of the lokar shifter cause of the 203 adapter, so i drilled and tapped a couple of holes in the front section of the adapter. now all we have to do is make a simple brackett and the shifter is done.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
looks good georg
I need to come get that bad boy and put her together.

Reddog has some shots before I cut off the top with the axles and springs on it, post em if you still got em.

Do you have a front seal for a three speed case? Don put the doubler together for me but the seal is bad, so we left the case off for now.

Im going to go to pick n pull tomorrow if you wanna go browse call me.

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes butch, it's a lokar. they work really well and look great. only downside is that they are designed for 2wd applications so on a 4wd you might have to modify the rear mounting brackett depending on the style and shape of the transfer case adapter. i have used them on cruisers with the AA adapter without any modifications, but in this case (using the 203 doubler setup) you have to built a simple brackett. no big deal either way. ;)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
bringing this back to the top because of the pictures. I am not seeing anywhere on my trans housing for the front mounts. Any ideas on where I should look or tips on how they mount.

thanks

arndog

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Thanks. It looks pretty straight forward except for the tail housing portion. I just don't see where mine will bolt on. I will probably just order it and see what happens.

thanks

arndog

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
i run a lockar on my th400 and i really like it. what is it going in? it looks like the shifter is too far back.....well it is alot further back than where. i have mine mounted anyway.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Im putting mine on a th350. Im not to concerned about the rear mounting it is just the front. I thought you could place the shifter forward or back with the different mounting postitions. At least it looks that way from the picture.

arndog

1 - 16 of 16 Posts