Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, hard to think at 41 that i'm a newbe at anything but i've always believed ask for help when it's needed. so here's the question ; i've ordered the grs 2 and have a set of axles with 513's and 33x9.5 . what i'm looking for is advice on wether i should switch to 462 or not , or maybe go with stock 391 (oh yeah it's a lwbwith a 1300) and 31" or 32" tires. i'm also intrested in what kind of final speed to rpm i might end up at. this is my daily driver and i'm not using it for a rock crawler , more to take the kid and the dog camping and fishing and get in and out of some tight spaces. thanks in advance.........jeff :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
With the 4.16(12% high reduction) and the 5.125 axle gears running 35" MT/R's I was taching about 4500 doing 65.

With your 4.89(18% high reduction) and the 33's I would def go for at least the 4.62 if your gonna do any periods of highway running. Since its your daily rider maybe stay with the 3.91s

Put the tcase gears in then see how it is before ya do the axles

·
Registered
330 Posts
agreed

i run the grsI and 4.625 gears and 3500 rpm on 31 inch tires is

about 55 mph and with the 4.16 low range i beleive it will go

almost any where i point it..............go with the 462,s and 33.s

or 34,s if you can kuz now your new high range is approaching

your stock low range...... with your new low range you will easily

be able to use 5th gear to start off with you will be shocked at how low low really is

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
As Doug said,
So the t-case gears, tires, then decided if you need to change R&P

I run 31's, 4:1 t-case, stock R&P and it's perfect on road.

Offroad it was in enormous improvement, but I wish I had 6:1 now that I'm doing more technical trails.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Man everyone around here is getting soft!!!!

Hay you FAWKING NEWBIE DO A SEARCH!!!!!!

BBWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........I love saying that!

Welcome dude! :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have an article on my site that talks about gearing. You might want to read it: Gearing Thoughts (login required).

Long and short of it: I'm running a similar setup with 1.581/4.1 t-case. I'm planning on 3.90s and will build more engine power if I feel I need it (16oo cc 16V in the works anyway).

[email protected]

·
Registered
600 Posts
Not authorized my ASS!!!! Fawk that communist bulls#it I aint signing up for S#IT!!!

if i gotta sign up to look at your petty BS you can keep it to yourself

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
glad you got that off your chest , now back to our regular programing. so far so good guys, and thank you for the newbie search burn. ah yes , freedom of speech , ya gotta love it.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
HEY !!! I think everyone is nicer than usual, things have softened a bit around here..... The whole PC acceptance thing....

Anyway since most would love to be where your at gearing wise..... AND the 5.12 are already in, ummmmm maybe leave it that way and try it out...... See what YOU like, some like to hear the motor turn high RPMS some not..... I highly doubt you'd NOT run the t-case gears after putting em in..... Gears can always be changed later on (like you said) .....

So i guess i dont really understand the question...... But I guess its a good intro kinda thing....

Welcome

:flipoff2:

-yag

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
so you are using sami axle's ans if you run the 5.13 with your tcase gears you are more likly to break something the 462's would have good on&off road characteristics with 33's with Minimal breakage this is my insite even tho i'm 17 and no rig and a wheeler

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
kd7srj said:
Not authorized my ASS!!!! Fawk that communist bulls#it I aint signing up for S#IT!!!

if i gotta sign up to look at your petty BS you can keep it to yourself
Hey, if I had infinitie bandwidth it would be wide open - but I don't so there is a auth to keep casual wankers out.

Feel free to be a casual wanker.

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

[email protected]

·
Registered
600 Posts
ok wank wank
the bandwith is explanation is acceptable you arent a communist

:flipoff2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts