Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a friend of mine (Mark Phillips). This is his very first time using a tubing bender and he asked me to post up some pictures (this was the best I could do) and let the PBB pick it apart. I should have posted a picture of the misbent tubing pile.:D :D

I personally praise him because I didnt have the balls to do my own.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
i see that he was able to get some tubes to meet at nodes, this is good however almost ALL the tubes should meet at nodes (unless there for appearance)

good fab work

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TRD said:
i see that he was able to get some tubes to meet at nodes, this is good however almost ALL the tubes should meet at nodes (unless there for appearance)

good fab work
Ok Im stupid what (where) are nodes?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
a node is a point where many tubes come together

aka tubes should not intersect at teh middle of other tubes

look at this frame and see how everything mounts at nodes

the shocks especially need to be mounted at a node where there are other tubes that can support the vertical load

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
It looks dangerous to me. I think you should scrap it for your own safety. I would be willing to haul it to the recycle center for you no charge. :flipoff2: Looks good

·
Registered
540 Posts
Glad to see Mark Phillips is still wheeling and building some sweet rigs...last time I saw him was several years ago at a 4xstore saturday afternoon ride.
edit - assuming its the same Mark Phillips

·
Registered
10 Posts
thanks so much Dan for posting the pics. I'll take any and all advise you guys can give me. I researched as many photos as possible to base my design on. Of course never doing such a task as great as this before i probably made a few mistakes. Relying on spyder customs buggy THE MANGO was my final choice of design. It's almost identical other than dimenions. That I made up myself. Hopefully I'll work. Testing at the superlift comp on thew 29th of march . Real testing comes via EROCC april 24th. :confused:

·
Registered
213 Posts
when do u plan on having that rig done??cant wait to see it done, looks great so far.:bounce2:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mark Phillips. where is he from originally? Went to school with a Mark Phillips in Tn. but, he seemed like a office boy. Can't be the same guy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts