Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mid Engine Toyota Cab 4400 build in PDX

I originally started posting the rebuild of this chassis on the old build page but feel its in the wrong spot. Theres no toyota to this build besides the cab and doors and will fit in much better in general. Ill start off by saying all the changes were by choice, not because of mistakes or a lack of quality. This thing was dialed for what it was first built to do. I just happen to want to go a different direction and was willing to spend the money and time to do that. Some of the post will be duplicate of what I have posted on the old page and new pics will be posted regularly with updates. A big thank you to everyone involved and to Austin down in Utah who allowed me to buy the cab and chassis from him. And to Cornfed and his son for all there help, skill and knowledge If you would like to check out the tread started by fishmouth in 2007 the link is

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/555900-project-tt-hilux.html

I would like to think we have not skimped on quality parts or time with this build. the goal is to race KOH 2017.

Motor is a 6.2l L92
Kevco oil pan
Trans is a 60L80 with ford 205 case
Radesigns 6l80 shifter with tap shift
Fox coils and Bypass Front and rear
Wilwood Rotors and 6 piston Calipers
Full PSC steering system put together by Randy from Bomber, Big thanks to him for the help and advice
CBR radiator with Heat exchanger to cool the motor
CBR cooler for trans
JAZZ man o' war fuel cell
Corbeau Pro Series Kevlar Blend seats
Ruff stuff trailing arms, 1.25 heims, link towers, and coil over bypass mounts
Front axle will be Ruff Stuff custom 9" 3.5 tube 3/8 wall housing with flipped center section, spydertrax pro series C and knuckles. High Pinion 40 spline Gearworks drop out!
Rear will be a Ruff Stuff custom length 9" 3.5 tube 3/8 wall housing with Flipped center, Torq 40 spline spindles, Sunfire off road Aluminum hubs, with High Pinion 40 spline Gearworks drop out
Sway bar will be Ruff stuff
motor mounts are from Ruffstuff
Axle side link mounts are from Jimmys 4x4
Gauges are from Speedhut
205 case mount is from Brave motorsports along with the steering arms
Trail ready wheels

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Torq 40 spline spindles for the rear
Rad Design 6l80 tap shift set up

PSC steering sent by Bomber Fab

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couple new tubes to had strength to the front end and new 1.5 windshield bars
With the windshield bars came a new 1.75 dash bar

1.5" rear tube was cut out and 1.75" put in
Drivers seat mounted

Front axle upper link mounts

Rad mounted

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The start of the new rear hoop

Still waiting on the actually axle housings so the dash and floor as started finally fitment of the tunnel will be done soon and driver side dash will be finished when Brake master and Drivers gps arrives

·
Registered
993 Posts
Always top notch work...looking forward to seeing this blasting through the whoops/rocks!

·
The Piratenite
30,419 Posts
I recently asked Trout what happened to this rig, stoked to see it coming to life.:smokin:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What model pn from kevko is that? looking on their site and curious if it will fit where my current kevko pan is and add some more capacity.
Ill look the part number up when I get home, but it was a custom 5" deep kevco built for a rear engine application.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
New delivery today, waiting in housing, hubs and unit bearings then this thing can be a roller

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
3" by 16" bypass and 2" by 14" coil over waiting on the front bypass and the bumps but happy to have these things:grinpimp:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 177 Posts