Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I want to fit coilover suspension (14" travel rear and 12" front) in my rrc, but i don't know the correct angle to work them; create new point of attack isn't problem and i know the right height. what are the angles longitudinal and toward to chassis?

Thanks all for support

·
Registered
289 Posts
That's pointless.

Fit long shocks with retained coils and your result will be much easier to achieve, especially considering you don't sound like any form of mechanic or engineer... 14" Bilstein 7100's would do nicely... Use similar to stock geometry, just make your distances between brackets suit and make sure it cycles without binding mounts.

It's all in the packaging...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
That's pointless.

Fit long shocks with retained coils and your result will be much easier to achieve, especially considering you don't sound like any form of mechanic or engineer... 14" Bilstein 7100's would do nicely... Use similar to stock geometry, just make your distances between brackets suit and make sure it cycles without binding mounts.

It's all in the packaging...
sound like what? what kind of BS is that. English won't be his first language

·
I build stuff
24,254 Posts
But why is the question? unless you are doing it just because.
Maybe he wants to install an LSA and an LT230 with a front disconnect :flipoff2:

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
The time of "that's dumb, that's not how rovers do it" died a fantastic death 4 years ago.

You want coil overs, do it. Do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I try to explain better.
I already have a raised suspension with shock absorbers Oram 12 travel, radius arm, etc.(www.equipe4.4.com) The reason for my question is that I would prefer the coilover system rather than the off spring disconnect

This is my Range 200TDI

Spec
Engine: LR200TDI
Trasmission:
Transfer Box: LT230 4:11 (ratio)
Front axle:
Differential ARB
Heavy Duty CV joints Ashcroft
halfshafts, Ring & Pinions, Drive Flanges Ashcroft
Rear axle:
Differential ARB
halfshafts, Ring & Pinions, Drive Flanges Ashcroft
Wheel
MACH 5 7X16 rims - Silverstone 33-10,50 tyres
Suspension Equipe4x4

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Search my name and find pictures of my old
Rover. The front shocks were hung as well as they could be. It will give you ideas. Good luck !!

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Gary-I think even you just got pwned! :flipoff2:

Alright, now that you've teased me, MORE PICS of that truck.

I wanna see more of the rear winch.

As for your question, grab a tape, your calculator and start csiphering!

NICE truck!

·
Registered
111 Posts
ttt wheels

Nice rig!!! I wish I could find a set of those wheels in the states. . Seem common everywhere else. . Anyone know who makes em or what there called?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts