Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search and turned up nothing. I trust you guys will know the answer.
Will Hy-Steer arms from a toy mini truck fit on an FJ-60? Are they compatable? If not, which companies besides All-Pro make Hy-Steer arms for FJ-60's? This is a question for my brother. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Nick

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
the new sky/marlin arms would be my choice. I have an old set of sky arms and they are really nice and the new production run looks even nicer, with good ackermann angle.

-Brett

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
cruiserbrett said:
the new sky/marlin arms would be my choice. I have an old set of sky arms and they are really nice and the new production run looks even nicer, with good ackermann angle.

-Brett

well just paint me a newbie... never heard of them can someone tell me the web sight ? lookin for arm for my 60 i was just goin ith allpro cause i had them on my runner ... why are these better are they taller ??

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Height wise I think the OTT ones are the tallest.
ALthough I have not gone over the Sky ones..

Height was an issue for me. I tried the AP ones. They were too short. So I went with OTT.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
helocat said:
thankx from there sight looks like there shorter :( i'm worried with add-a-leafs in my stock spring pack even all pros will hit any ideas... sorry eviltwin not tryin to steal you line but i think these ? will help everyone :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
They do seem shorter...shorter lengthwise...(have no idea about tallwise though...)but they state that they made them shorter in length so that...well just read this from their site:

"...We have recently changed the design of our Toyota high steer steering arms. We have made them slightly shorter, and added positive Akerman Angle to them. Now constructed 4140 Chromoly...

"By making the arms shorter, we have added clearance for the drag link, we moved the tie rod back slightly, this allows moving the axle forward almost 3 inch's without steering bind. This also allows clearance of thicker leaf springs, due to the tie rod being moved towards the axle centerline, and away from the arch of the leaf springs."

Sounds awsome to me. These are what I am going to get for my SOA on my 60. Oh and not affiliated at all, just think it looks like the best setup to me....and of course, I'm no expert either...

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
kling-on said:

thankx from there sight looks like there shorter :( i'm worried with add-a-leafs in my stock spring pack even all pros will hit any ideas... sorry eviltwin not tryin to steal you line but i think these ? will help everyone :D
Ott made my arms length wise shorter because I asked them to. With the amount my front axle was moved forward and a couple of other issues I had it needed to be shorter. I also needed the arms to sit a bit higher (taller) than normal due to the lift that I got from the spring perches.

The best idea is to measure what you currently have and see what will fit.

You will also have clearance issues if your pinion was turned up and the knuckles were not rotated..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool thanks for the help. I had seen Sky-Manufacturing's site and it did seem like they had a real "Stand-Up" kit. Just wanted some other thoughts on this subject.
Hey you guys are alot more civil here on the landcruiser forum, as opposed to the guys on my side of the BB. Thanks for again for the help.

Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts