Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not Necessarily

I am running 15 X 8 steel wheels with 4" BS with-out a problem. It is possible that you would have to run 16's with Alum, wheels, but I do not know this for sure.

·
Registered
34,184 Posts
Chris Geiger said:
Basicly yes. It may be possable with some steel wheels to fit 15's but it's going to be very close. The factory put 16" wheels on all the FJ80's
Not true. Many came with 15's - very early 90's. But they also had different brakes, etc. I'd recommend checking with the Cruiser board for more specifics.

·
Registered
740 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
I am running 15x10 Black steel rockcrawlers on my FJ80 axle and they fit no prob..

I have heard some alluminum rims don't fit though..

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I just got mine, and that was the first thing i checked. 15x10 steelies with 3.75BS fit no prob. They are close, but they fit.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I do have a '96 axle, but did buy new calipers when I re-built my axle from somewhere.. I don't remeber having a choice of what year I wanted them for , just that they were for an FJ80 axle..

They fit my 15" rims just fine..

I'll have to check where I got the Calipers from..

·
Registered
254 Posts
The 16" are to clear the Rear discs on the 93 and up. 15s fit everywhere else. The rear calipers can be ground to fit 15s. 91-92 had drums in the rear and ran 15s from the factory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts