Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive searched and could not find all the info i need. i'm pretty sure all the 80's were 4.10 ratio right? will they bolt right up to the toy truck 79-85 housing w/o modifacation? what is the going rate on these things w/o the locker? and finally how much does one weigh? thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
The only part I know is yes they are 4.10(or 11) a few years ago the only option for other than stock gearing were VERY spendy OEM 4.88's now there are cheap(normal priced) gears, from 4.56 to 5.29's.

No clue on the rest...

John H

·
Registered
838 Posts
FYI- There is is a matched set of 80 axles (non locker, non rear disc/ not FF)in the F/S section-$1100, may even be High pinion. Do not believe they will bolt to the mini axles housing.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Yes they will bolt right in if they are non e-locked. just the high pinion, that is to a mini housing I dont know landcruiser stuff but I would assume they are the same. They are reverse rotation so keep that in mind when ordering gears. I have seen the for 300-350 wish they would get down to 200.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies guys. that's what i thought i was just checking. FWIW i found one for $200.00 and i'm gonna snag on that badboy :D

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
JamisonWorkshop said:
Yes they will bolt right in if they are non e-locked. just the high pinion, that is to a mini housing I dont know landcruiser stuff but I would assume they are the same. They are reverse rotation so keep that in mind when ordering gears. I have seen the for 300-350 wish they would get down to 200.

well then your wish is granted.....
http://www.tpi4x4.com/lcinp9_5.html

$210 for front 4.56's or 4.88's

John H

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe you guys misunderstood me. i meant i found a FJ 80 front high pinion third w/4.10's complete for $200.00 :D just FWIW

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
ROCKTOY74 said:
maybe you guys misunderstood me. i meant i found a FJ 80 front high pinion third w/4.10's complete for $200.00 :D just FWIW
the toy guys can better answer your questions

the third will fit in, right, but two or four of the studs wont line up, and you have to do some minor work to get it to fit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts