Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everybody's wheelbase is. Im in the process of lengthing my 40 now. With my current plan I should be able to squeeze out 98- 98 1/2 Inches.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
104.5 :)

·
Registered
10,444 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How the hell did you get 100+ inches out of a cruiser. I moved the rear shackle hanger on the rear spring. Drilled perches off center. What did you do that I didn't? In detail Please

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Colorado Cruiser said:
How the hell did you get 100+ inches out of a cruiser. I moved the rear shackle hanger on the rear spring. Drilled perches off center. What did you do that I didn't? In detail Please
Move the spring hanger and the shackle hanger :)

108??? Is that with a new rear frame?
Why so long?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you move the spring and shackle hanger on the front you get interference with steering. You must have put your steering box farther forward than I did.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Colorado Cruiser said:
If you move the spring and shackle hanger on the front you get interference with steering. You must have put your steering box farther forward than I did.
My front has only been moved forward ~ 3.5"
The back has been moved rearward by 11"

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
My front is roughly 6 inches farther forward than stock. But yeah, my steering box is about as far forward as I could get it, without cutting into the box tube bumper.

Also my front SR hangers are mounted directly to the bumper. The rear of mine is Chevy truck springs, with the rear hanger moved back and a mega shackle/lock block in the stock front hanger location. :D

Works freaking killer.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
98.5.....FJ 60 rear springs...front and rear. Rear hanger flip flopped. Shackel reversal up front. Purches mounted to the bumper, and the hanger hung from where the springs dictated.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Jason M said:

108??? Is that with a new rear frame?
Why so long?
Yeah I am just finishing up my new tube frame.

108" is long. I am just sick of this short wheelbase stuff. I want to be able to climb. I may have went a bit overboard and went too long, but I just liked it too much when I went from stock to 100" so I guess my rational was that I would like another 8" just as much :rolleyes:

·
Registered
130 Posts
104.5 !! great minds think alike. flipped front springs.. moved both rear mounts back. havent gotten to try it out yet. finishing up new crossmember and driveshafts right now. :D :D

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
98.5" Rear FJ55's, front FJ55 with extended front frame rails and custom spring hangers...

·
Registered
617 Posts
89.5" just because:p

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
VooDoo said:
89.5" just because:p
Stock 40 is 90.
You reduced yours???
:D

·
Registered
617 Posts
It just kinda ended up there when I did the lift and S/R :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts