Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1967 FJ45 LPB (long wheelbase removeable top)

-327 V8 (Corvete motor)

-Camel hump heads

-Ceramic Coated headers

-Carter AFB 4bbl. carb. & aluminum intake

-GM SM420 4 speed transmission

-Stock axles with 4.10 gears

-New Magna flow exhaust

-New marine grade vinyl seats

-Saginaw power steering conversion

-Early 3 speed Land Cruiser transfer case

$7900

Lovingly referred to as the red-headed step child by my wife, this is definately a cool cruiser with a ton of potential and a removeable steel hardtop. I purchased this truck out of a Georgetown, California ranch and had it shipped here to Alabama less than a year ago, feeling the pressure to sell I removed the interior and bed and began cleaning and de-greasing what obviously was a working farm truck, hoping that by the time I re-assembled it that my finances would improve and I would be able to keep it.

I wire wheeled, primed and painted the rear frame with Industrial Rustoleum (including the underside of the bed) I then painted the interior of the bed with Dupli-Color bedliner. I stripped and cleaned the interior floor pans and Herculined the interior floors while the fuel tank was being boiled and lined. I had the seats stripped, the frames painted and new black marine grade vinyl covers them now. The brakes were adjusted all fluids changed and I did my best to clean up a horribly welded transmission hump and re-installed it with new stainless hardware.

There are a few issues with the truck, there is a frame patch on the passenger side spring hanger & the rear rails are clipped at tha last bed tab. There is a floor patch from the SM420 install but it appears to be well done. The title for this vehicle was lost after shipping, I do have scans of the Idaho title from the previous owner and I would gladly assist any new owner in re-titling it if necessary. One of the early Warn hubs is damaged but I never bothered replacing it since I had hoped to install a disc brake axle later on. Somebody cut out the stock gauge cluster and set in a plate of lighted gauges, the gauges do work but I had hoped to re-install a stock cluster and steering wheel since the fabrication work was less than stellar.

This truck starts, runs and drives good and needs little to be a daily driver or wheeler. I found no rot while working on the body and frame rails, it's actually more solid than my 78 Fj40 and would be a great platform for a not so stock restoration.

Jerry Hocutt (205)295-3119 work (205)384-1811 home

Serious inquiries only PLEASE!

·
Registered
697 Posts
ttt and it's Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts