Pirate 4x4 banner

FJ45 for sale

4K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  Deep South Cruisers 
#1 · (Edited)
Great for project or parts. Very rare FJ45L long bed, removable top, many extra parts. Primer gray paint, minimal body rust. Must sell. Email me for more pictures.
Parker, CO
303-908-7500
jester63@msn.com
03/25/2003

#12 ·
I just talked to the guy, his name is PETE (very nice) he said it was a LWB 45 that someone put a SWB bed on:confused: he's owned it for 2 years and is getting married so it must go. It WAS running but has been parked for the 2 years or more.

anyway $3000 negotiable, I'm checking on shipping but I don't think I can swing it just yet, I'm still building my FJ40 and the wifey might stab me in the neck with a fork if I pay 3K for a non running vehicle :D

#13 · (Edited)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was thinking that a short bed wouldn't fit on a long bed frame....atleast not fit up to the cab so nice if you tried? Isn't the wheel base different? From pictures I have seen, the long bed seems to have more length in front of the rear wheels and behind the cab than a short bed does. I still think it's a shorty from those pics.

#15 ·
ninetimesnine said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was thinking that a short bed wouldn't fit on a long bed frame....atleast not fit up to the cab so nice if you tried? Isn't the wheel base different? From pictures I have seen, the long bed seems to have more length in front of the rear wheels and behind the cab than a short bed does. I still think it's a shorty from those pics.
I think your right, but I'm often wrong ;)

#16 ·
The LWB frame is about 12" longer than a SWB/Wagon frame. extension of LWB is done right under the area where the cab and box meet. There are two types of SWB beds, one for removable tops and a longer one with different front corners for a non-removable top. This is due to the fact that the removable top cab is slightly longer than the non removable top cab.

putting a short bed on a LWB frame would net a big ~12" gap between the bed and cab.

-Brett

#17 ·
I'm thinking the guy might be right, look at how much frame is visible *BEHIND* the tailgate...on a regular FJ45 SWB, the frame crossmember is right under the tailgate, it doesn't protrude.

So if there's really a big gap between cab and bed (I can't see it in these little pics), and you add what's extending out the back, it *might* be a long frame.

Nothing a plasma cutter and some welding wouldn't fix, though! :flipoff2:

#19 ·
As I keep on looking, I see the frame sticking out in the back (thought that was just a funky bumper) and it also seems that possibly the wheel well of the bed is not exactly centered above the wheel itself--maybe a few inches forward--as if they tried to put the bed as far forward as possible... Hmmm. I still wish I could have it...

#20 ·
Do you have it located in Alabama? I'm really interested! I'm in Louisiana and would love nothing more than to come visit Alabama. If you could send me some more pics (drivetrain, engine bay, bed, etc) that would be :cool:.

#21 ·
if you look at the original post, you'll see it's here in colorado. parker, which is just south of denver

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.