Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since FJ45s are making a comeback. What are everyone's thoughts on having a seperate FJ45 mailing list. A good example would be the FJ55 or the LCML. Good idea? Bad Idea?

·
Registered
17,122 Posts
i think it's a good idea. only concerns: who will do the work and who will host it? also, seems like a lot of the 45 owners have migrated here from other forums, although there is a bunch still oblivious to this board.

i say go. :)

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
MUST have the abiltiy to post pics.........MUST!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
slowspeed said:
Since FJ45s are making a comeback. What are everyone's thoughts on having a seperate FJ45 mailing list. A good example would be the FJ55 or the LCML. Good idea? Bad Idea?
Do you think there should also be an fj45lv mailing list?

My gut says no.

Morgan

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
peronaly I think a 45LV makes more sense, the 45 trucks shared little with a 45LV but shared more with a 40. 45LV are there own unique animal, cept the frame is the same as a 45short bed.

morgan said:
Do you think there should also be an fj45lv mailing list?

My gut says no.

Morgan

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm in send it on. Anyone that drives a 45 truck or wagon has a love for the 45 and we all have something to share. Parts, Stories , new fines etc.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
can we attach pics? and arcive them?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Landpimp said:
can we attach pics? and arcive them?
No, that's generally a no-no on any mail list. Just do some quick math and you'll see why no one wants a bandwidth spike like that on their server.

The web is better for pics. I'd be glad to set up an fj45 forum on http://birfield.com/modules.php?name=Forums . Would need a moderator there too. Volunteers? Whomever wants to maintain an FJ45 gallery on birfield, I can give you accounts. http://www.birfield.com/modules/gallery/fj45 It can be multiple people. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

We could do the same thing for other models too, j2, fj55, j6, j7, j8, etc.

Morgan

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good Fawkin man, Morgan. Do you ever stop contributing?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts