Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guy that will sell me a ceramic header for my 1978 2F fj55, it sounds like i can get it for less than $100. I am not concerned with getting more torque for wheelin. It will be used as a road driver mostly and in the bush occasionally for fun. I wanna put tall skinny tires on it to lower the rpm at highway speed. I don't know if a header would be very efficient or effective on this old crude engine. If it matters it has the original 2 barrel carb on it. Has anyone ever used one or heard about the results of one on a 2F engine.
Thanks for any input, Blake

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have one on my 82 and enjoy the sound and power a lot. I have better midrange and topend but no change in the torque really.

·
Zeus of the Sluice
4,740 Posts
bgfj55 said:
I have a guy that will sell me a ceramic header for my 1978 2F fj55, it sounds like i can get it for less than $100. I am not concerned with getting more torque for wheelin. It will be used as a road driver mostly and in the bush occasionally for fun. I wanna put tall skinny tires on it to lower the rpm at highway speed. I don't know if a header would be very efficient or effective on this old crude engine. If it matters it has the original 2 barrel carb on it. Has anyone ever used one or heard about the results of one on a 2F engine.
Thanks for any input, Blake
If your weather is really cold and there is nothing wrong with your stock maifold. I would stick with the cast iron.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts