Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After battling my drivers front door on my '73 FJ55, I need a new latch mechanism as mine is completely worn out... Does anyone have a left front door to yank the mechanism from? Any of you aussies have one? (Since the left side there would have less wear...)

All I need from the door is the latch mechanism on the back edge of the door. No rods or anything else...

Thanks,
-brett

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i might have mine still i'll check when i get home tonight

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
nope...sorry. i got the right front pillar side and a bunch of hinges, but no latches.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for looking! I should hit up the Fj55 list I guess...

-Brett

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a spare Pig door hiding outside behind my hard top...
You looking for the round thing sticking out of the trailing edge of the door? With the little ratchety wheel? Held in by 3 phillips head screws? Is that it?

Greg

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is the part! Mine is beat... also what year is the door? I am needing a window regulator out of a 74/75 drivers front door. the tye that has a chrome handle(different than the plastic handle-the splines on the regulator for the chrome handle are shorter...)

Let me know what you want for the stuff and I can send it out...

thanks,
-Brett

·
Registered
17 Posts
The door has a wind wing, so it's a pre-'74. I bought the door 'cause I needed a regulator that worked, the door came with it.
As for what I want for the part...that's a hard one. Usually I just send the part out for postage if it's going to a good home and will keep a Pig on the road. Usually it's a spare part that I can do without.
Now, if you were a neighbor down the street, I would trade this part to you for a beer, or some work, or another part.
I would prefer not to take cash...it's bad Karma.
So, if you want this part, PM your address, I'll take the part to mailboxes etc, put the receipt in the box. You send me a check or whatever to cover.
Then, someday when we go wheeling together, you hand me a beer, or a part or something.
Or do the same for another Pig Farmer and I'll call it even.
Deal?

Greg Dyche

·
Registered
17 Posts
O.K., I just pulled the latch gizmo out of the door. A couple of the linkages don't want to come off, so I'll send them too.
I do not envy you the task of putting it all together, it was a pain pulling it apart...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts