Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to install my FJ55 springs in the rear of my FJ40 and they are a bit too wide (with bushings in) to fit in the solid mounts. Is there a trick to getting it to fit? Do I have to just ram it in and destroy the bushing? And the bushing hole is too big for the frame pin. How do I remedy that situation? And the extended shackles I got from JT Outfitters don't seem to fit even the FJ40 springs with the bushings in (shackle too narrow and bolt too fat for FJ40 bushing on frame mount). Anybody have these problems and what did you do to fix them? Thanks in advance,
Jesse

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
The shoulders on the FJ55 poly bushings are thicker than the stock FJ40 ones, so yes, you need to "adjust" the mount to get the springs in place. Also, use the 9/16" eye bushings, they are "close enuf" to the stock FJ40 15mm size. I haven't had any problems with mine.
http://www.sor.com/sor/cat289.tam?xax=21934&page%2Ectx=cat289%2Etam is the link to where I've bought my bushings. 289-55-A are the bushings I used for most everything, with 289-40-A bushings in the frame side for the shackles.

Personally, I prefer 9/16" pins for the springs....more bushing available for cushion and durability, rather than the thinner walled 5/8" pin bushings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts