Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have seen some set up this way one up close ( the guy i got my side bars from) and i was wondering it anyone else has done it and how . the one i saw fit in the low mount winch with a "small trim" any body else got any coments or ideas ? i will post pics when i finish :D low mount bar will be here nexted week :D

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
kling-on said:
i have seen some set up this way one up close ( the guy i got my side bars from) and i was wondering it anyone else has done it and how . the one i saw fit in the low mount winch with a "small trim" any body else got any coments or ideas ? i will post pics when i finish :D low mount bar will be here nexted week :D
I think you will have to trim a bit, but not much and only if it's a new 12k with the 4.6hp motor, pretty sure the older 12k and 10k will fit without triming. The motor and other end is a bit longer then the older ones.

I know on my fj80(bar made for 10k lowmount) I had to trim to get the 12k to fit, other say you don't but I could not see how without triming. when I got my 12k Warn had yet to anounce they upgraded to the bigger motor, and the 10 and 12k had the same dimensions so I was pretty confused. I called Warn and asked whats up? they said I had gotten one of the 1st with the 4.6hp motor.....cool :)

if ya want I can shoot ya a pic of where I trimed on my fj80, should be the same as a 60 bar(I have an ARB on my 60 but no winch yet)

John H

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: fj60 arb bull bar and a warn12K winch

Landpimp said:

I think you will have to trim a bit, but not much and only if it's a new 12k with the 4.6hp motor, pretty sure the older 12k and 10k will fit without triming. The motor and other end is a bit longer then the older ones.

I know on my fj80(bar made for 10k lowmount) I had to trim to get the 12k to fit, other say you don't but I could not see how without triming. when I got my 12k Warn had yet to anounce they upgraded to the bigger motor, and the 10 and 12k had the same dimensions so I was pretty confused. I called Warn and asked whats up? they said I had gotten one of the 1st with the 4.6hp motor.....cool :)

if ya want I can shoot ya a pic of where I trimed on my fj80, should be the same as a 60 bar(I have an ARB on my 60 but no winch yet)

John H
my 12k is @ 4yrs old so i hope it will fit easy ... and yea send pics i think everyone would like to see them ...

thanx in advance joel

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Kling-on, you'll have to trim a small circle off the side of the winch cradle that has the motor, if you have access to a plasma cutter or a torch it will take 10 seconds, if not I've seen it done with a holesaw too. This is for the earlier style Warn M12000. The M10000 (what I have) fits *like a glove* in there without trimming, that's for a winch of about the same vintage (mine's 5 years old).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts