1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
60 series power steering box...

good shape, need money for school..

$300

email me at [email protected] or i wont get your message...

Spector gets over twice that...if they had one...;)

·
Registered
426 Posts
not to be an arse, but :

do you have 15+ employees?
a 15,000 foot LA building plus yard to pay overhead and mortgage on?
an online and print catalog and ship it out internationally?

you sir, are not specter so don't make that comparison.

ask what you want for the box and location and let the person to person market work for you. Also, since there are 3 different boxes, state the year (if known), mileage, and storage condition (with or w/o juice and how long off truck).

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rick d said:
not to be an arse, but :

do you have 15+ employees?
an online and print catalog and ship it out internationally?

you sir, are not specter so don't make that comparison.

ask what you want for the box and location and let the person to person market work for you. Also, since there are 3 different boxes, state the year (if known), mileage, and storage condition (with or w/o juice and how long off truck).
i'm not here to put anyone down...i'm being honest, cant argue with the truth!!..look it up! i buy things form them just like anyother!!

i honestly see no problem with it!! considering i know alot of shops that do the same thing...

i personally like Spector, and mean no disrespect to them!

·
Registered
426 Posts
1981-2 and 1983-4/5 I believe have one bolt pattern, but the 1st generation may be different still.
1985+ is same as 1997 FZJ80, so 80 series boxes fit late FJ60's (A.N. in LA had an 80 box on his FJ60/HJ61 and one on his FJ62/HJ61 --he converted both to 12H-T's)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
rick d said:
...do you have 15+ employees?
an online and print catalog and ship it out internationally?...
No, but he has school tuition, insurance payments, and a very expensive hobby :D

I see nothing wrong with using SOR as a comparison... very common practice in every industry...

Just my humble 2 cents... :D;)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
cruiseroutfit said:

Just my humble 2 cents... :D;)
That would be 4 cents worth at SOR!!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
rick d said:
1981-2 and 1983-4/5 I believe have one bolt pattern, but the 1st generation may be different still.
1985+ is same as 1997 FZJ80, so 80 series boxes fit late FJ60's (A.N. in LA had an 80 box on his FJ60/HJ61 and one on his FJ62/HJ61 --he converted both to 12H-T's)
Not sure. I have an early '84 box and a very late '86(model year 87) and they are the same(bolt pattern might be different but you would need mm's to measure). the only difference I have seen in all the years is the real early(~81) are a little shorter looking. Definetly could be wrong though!

OH! and as for the price, you are on par with specter. they want a $300 charge for a core. $852 for rebuilt, no used. just a $300 core, so, I would say $150 is more like it for used...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cruiserbrett said:

OH! and as for the price, you are on par with specter. they want a $300 charge for a core. $852 for rebuilt, no used. just a $300 core, so, I would say $150 is more like it for used...
as i recall when i CALLED Spector a while back and was told 6+ for a used one... 8+ for a rebuilt
AND oh wait they dont have any!!!
i also figure $300 for used box + $117 for kit from dealer + $50 manual...and you still have $$ for the beer, and you get to have a great learning experiance rebuilding it...
and if you cant handle rebuilding it do to retardation, i guess you better ponny up to Spector...dont forget tax, shipping, and packaging charges...
:flipoff2:

Good day to all...:beer:

·
Registered
253 Posts
What they are worth and what someone will pay are a bit off. I tried one on e-bay a couple of months back and recieved no bids with a $50 min. Timming is everything.

Hey, if someone is givin 3hunny for a PS box count me in. Hell, I'll even toss in shippin!

·
Registered
301 Posts
SHREG said:
What they are worth and what someone will pay are a bit off. I tried one on e-bay a couple of months back and recieved no bids with a $50 min. Timming is everything.

Hey, if someone is givin 3hunny for a PS box count me in. Hell, I'll even toss in shippin!
OK, I'll take it for 50. Thanks.

/td

·
Registered
253 Posts
For $50 I will take my chances on e-bay again. $300 and I will pay shipping. Its off a 1989 FJ62 if that makes a differance.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Comparing prices to SOR (spinctor off road) is like comparing fab. prices with BTB. Way overpriced IMHO, but it is a reference.

Your best bet might be to get a PS box rebuilt. My friend has his rebuilt locally for around 150.00. I don't think there is anything special about a LC steering box.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
whatever....to each his own!!!

BTW.. SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flipoff2:
this will be the third i have sold on here :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
nd i'm sure there will be more to come...

oh and:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts