Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have pics or links to pics that shows the accelerator linkage setup for an 84 fj60, jt outfitter didn't give any instructions? and yes i did do a search.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
When running weber's I've always switched to a cable setup. I think maf, sor, tpi and others sell such a thing. Takes a new pedal, a cable, and a sorta hanger that bolts to the brake booster to stand the cable off in the right place...

·
Registered
982 Posts
my weber came with

both set ups, with linkage or with cable,linkage set up had a U shaped bracket that attached to the carb.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I remember I had to cut a little off the factory linkage bracket that bolts to the studs that hold the carb on for the different bolt pattern of the cruiser. From there, it work like the factory setup with some minor tweaking (aka bending) of the linkage but worked flawlessly or at least as best as a Weber can work on a Toyota :) This was on a 40 though so it may be different.

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Interestingly enough, I had a local call me today that has a Weber in his 60 and wants me to do a little tweaking on it. I'll try and snap some photos when he brings it in. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts