Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to change anything on the steering to do a Spring Over? I read where All Pro did a FJ60 and went high steer cross over setup. I have experience converting a 88 4Runner to solid axle, and high steer was required. Looking at my front end, looks like its already cross overed. I have had 2 FJ40's, but this is my first wagon, and there is very little in the way of info out there on the 62's. Thanks for the inputs guy's. Plus hello to any Toyotally Awesome Cruiser members from Auburn, CA!!

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
you will need to do some thing to raise it about 5 to 6 ins. i built a z link for mine and i can say its not the way to go. i am converting mine to high steer in a couple of weeks. check the write ups at ih8mud on a spoa on a wagon. i didn't turn my knuckles and just put the pad even to the old ones. that was a bad idea. you need to raise the rear up about 5 deg to keep the u joint from binding. the front was fine. mike

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
You *could* use a double arm, but I recommend going the high-steer way, you get the added bonus of having all the steering components above the springs and further away from the rocks. There's several options for arms out there, All-Pro, Mountain Air, Over the Hill 4x4, etc..
Perfect time to replace or upgrade the TRE's, and do some maintenance on the rest of the steering components.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts