Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FJ62GX is it worth it PLEASE HELP

I can get a 1988 FJ62GX Landcruiser for about $2000.00 (the engines blown but I would rebuild the one in my pickup anyway).
I currently have a 1984 Toyota 4x4 Pickup EX cab, I have it lifted with 4" of leaf and I have 31" swampers (soon to be 33 boggers if I keep it). I need to know if the series I am looking at is even worth the effort to really 4X4 and if it will do any better over my current pickup.
ANY input or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am completely new to the Landcruiser market.
Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kaderabek it is well used and somewhat maintained but I found no rust on it, the drivers door is hard to open due to a small dent in front of it (I can fix that), and it does have a couple of other small dents (I 4x4 I'm not worried about little dents).
The entire under carriage has an oil dust pack on it, the springs are almost flat, etc. . .
It was bought, then used, then sold, then used and it shows. The tranny is new (noticeably, shines in the dirt of the rest under the truck/car). I'm not scared of the rebuild process.
Heck my pickup doesn't even have a dash right now because someone ripped out the lower center section to get my stereo.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
for 2K + a motor($500-1k) you should be able to find one that has a motor for the same or less, as long as your nmot looking for a mint one.

they are great rigs however, it will wheel fine.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
great truck, I love mine. Blown motor not worth more than 1K unless perfect. $3500 and i will sell you a much nicer one!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Landpimp Kaderabek and dd113 for the info. If I did get one should I use the engine its got or should I get another one for it.
For example, my Toyota pickup will bolt in a 1990 Cressida's Inline 6, thats what I had planned for the pickup. I'm still not sure what to do about the FJ62 though.
What are the ups and downs to them over the pickups (other than seating and bed space). I have been looking into them mildly for a while now. Also what is a good model of Landcruiser (wagon, not jeep style).

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
62 only options are stock 3FE/non US 3F or 350 SBC. Go to IH8MUD.com for lots o info. 62s have nothing in common with mini trucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts