Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make 4" lift coil springs for fj80's? I searched and could only find info on spacers.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
The OME(old man emu) J springs, such as the 863j and 850j will give you 3.5" of lift(normal OME's give 2.5), the rear 864's will depending on the load will give you a bit more(they are not rated as 3.5) but carry more weight) OME makes shocks for the J springs as well. The OME J springs have been out for about a year now. YOu can use a spacer(1-2") for some more lift if needed, but you can run into issue.

I run 850J+1" spacer in front 864 +1.5(or is it just 1") in rear, and OME caster corection and have no issues or problems.

John H

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason that I asked was that I wanted to use some fj80 coils in the rear of my 4runner because right now I have 4" longer coils but they suck and cannot manage a load. Would the 863j springs give me 4" of lift on my 4runner?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Oreo - don't know the length of stock 4skinner, but you gotta look at the vehichle weight dude :flipoff2: . A cruiser's gonna weigh way mo.:flipoff2: :D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Find somebody in Japan. They have all kinds of extreme lifts for the Surf (4Runner). I have a LC magazine from Japan and they show 10" coils for an 80. I tried calling one of the shops in the magazine once but I didn't have much luck. My Japanese sucks and nobody spoke English. I gave up because of duty etc...

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Oreo said:
The reason that I asked was that I wanted to use some fj80 coils in the rear of my 4runner because right now I have 4" longer coils but they suck and cannot manage a load. Would the 863j springs give me 4" of lift on my 4runner?

It might as the 4runer is lighter but as to fitting I dunno......I know nothing about 4runners. I have some rear OME's laying around I will measure for you if ya want, the are 863(not J)

John H

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
there are lots of companies in the US that make coil springs. I had a custom set made for my wifes trooper & they were $100 apiece for a 3" lift proggressive rate spring. it was by a company Dixon, Ca. called Valley Spring Works I believe. He can make just about any springs you want.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you have a number or a web site with the 10" lift springs? I need more lift That would a lot simpler then having custom coils made might even be cheaper.

Thanks,

Josh

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have a number or a web site with the 10" lift springs? I need more lift That would a lot simpler then having custom coils made might even be cheaper.
\

Ya I'd also like to see if anyone has info on longer than 4" coils.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Landpimp said:

It might as the 4runer is lighter but as to fitting I dunno......I know nothing about 4runners. I have some rear OME's laying around I will measure for you if ya want, the are 863(not J)

John H
I'm pretty sure they'll fit. In the Reader's Rigs of one of the recent 4x4 rags (I think it was 4wd & Sport Utility), there was a guy w/ a '94 4Runner running FJ-80 coils in the rear. I'm pretty sure he was running stock height coils though, b/c he said he needed a 2" body lift to run 32" Swampers.

I was toying with the idea of doing this w/ the rear of my 4Runner too. After the SAS, my front still rides about an inch or so higher than my rear. I'm currently running 1.5" Downey coils and a 2.5" All-Pro spacer. I'm hoping that a 2.5" medium-load OME coil for an FJ-80 (860's), replacing the Downey coils, would do the trick to get me back to an even stance. Hopefully getting the medium-load coils will make up for the 4Runner being so much lighter.

Seeing as how the 860's are only $132 / pr. at Slee's right now, I might just order some tomorrow and let you know how it works out. :D

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was toying with the idea of doing this w/ the rear of my 4Runner too. After the SAS, my front still rides about an inch or so higher than my rear. I'm currently running 1.5" Downey coils and a 2.5" All-Pro spacer. I'm hoping that a 2.5" medium-load OME coil for an FJ-80 (860's), replacing the Downey coils, would do the trick to get me back to an even stance. Hopefully getting the medium-load coils will make up for the 4Runner being so much lighter.
I think I am going to go ahead and get some 6" fj80 coils from MacQuarie 4x4 out of Austrailia. I e-mailed them and am waiting for a response. If I get those new springs I can sell the ones I have right now which are: 4" longer than stock Superlift med. duty coils.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Oreo said:

I think I am going to go ahead and get some 6" fj80 coils from MacQuarie 4x4 out of Austrailia. I e-mailed them and am waiting for a response. If I get those new springs I can sell the ones I have right now which are: 4" longer than stock Superlift med. duty coils.
Hey keep me posted on their response. Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oreo said:

Sweet. Let me know how it works out.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you dont get a response out of them, macquarie4x4 are about 10 minutes from my house.
That would be great if you could check. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon but I'll definately let you know if they don't.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts