Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy are we excited to be releasing these!
Fully Fabricated outer fj80 based knuckles!
Features:
-KEYED High Steer interface, strongest steering ever built for these. All the torque load from steering goes directly from the arm into the knuckle! Add our ARP Knuckle Studs for even more security!

-Rediculously strong, 100% made in USA, machined in house!

-Option for brake upgrade, to bring those heavy cruisers to a halt!

-Stock steering arms mount to the bottom

-ABS COMPATIBLE for all you folks wanting to retain full function of your vehicles safety features!

-Steering arms will be stocked in a "blank" state, so we, or you can drill holes wherever you'd like, for whatever rod ends, even tie into the stock arms!

Pre order list going on now, give us a call to get on that list, shipping expected end of March! All build in house!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do you have a new knuckle housing or machine the stock housing to fit the arms on?

What's the price on these things?

·
Vendor
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have a new knuckle housing or machine the stock housing to fit the arms on?

What's the price on these things?
For the FJ80 its a new fabricated knuckle and Keyed arm as a set, looking at 995

for mini truck knuckles/fj40/fj60, we have Keyed arms starting at 249

Lots of bearing, and steering location options too!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any pictures installed?? Do with the cross over y link does it make contact with panhard on an 80???

I am extremely interested, just curious about some of the minor details

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you use TREs with these arms?
YES! The arms will have the proper angle cut in them, so using tierod ends will be easy!

·
Vendor
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any pictures installed?? Do with the cross over y link does it make contact with panhard on an 80???

I am extremely interested, just curious about some of the minor details

The arms will be stocked with no holes, so we can locate tierod holes in any configuration. So yes, you have a Y style steering and clear the panhard! We will be releasing basic steering kits (rod ends, links etc) shortly as well!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The arms will be stocked with no holes, so we can locate tierod holes in any configuration. So yes, you have a Y style steering and clear the panhard! We will be releasing basic steering kits (rod ends, links etc) shortly as well!
Very interesting

I know currently anyone who ends up going with a crossover steering using a y link currently hit the panhard

If i wanted to go the 25 mm pin route whats the cost going be?? New lower arms as well??

·
Vendor
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very interesting

I know currently anyone who ends up going with a crossover steering using a y link currently hit the panhard

If i wanted to go the 25 mm pin route whats the cost going be?? New lower arms as well??

New lower caps, and all 4 bearings, likely end up the same upgrade cost as our mini truck offering, so 200 for all. We will not be making new lower arms, just caps like you find on bottoms of other Toyota knuckles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
will factory lower steering arms still fit?? I know myself A can still run my rear hydro assist ram than with ease out of harms way as im still running my factory suspension arms, B double sheer High steer up front sounds a amazing ;) C the guys who will just want the brake upgrade will probably be happy to hear it

remember the 80's dont run lower caps they run steering off them, and LOTS of guys in particular will want the ability to just increase braking power ;)

I know myself, my newly added power from the LS and the hydroboost brake setup could lead to some amazing braking power

·
Vendor
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
will factory lower steering arms still fit?? I know myself A can still run my rear hydro assist ram than with ease out of harms way as im still running my factory suspension arms, B double sheer High steer up front sounds a amazing ;) C the guys who will just want the brake upgrade will probably be happy to hear it

remember the 80's dont run lower caps they run steering off them, and LOTS of guys in particular will want the ability to just increase braking power ;)

I know myself, my newly added power from the LS and the hydroboost brake setup could lead to some amazing braking power

Yes factory lower arms still fit, and yes you could run double sheer with that!

Yes we can do just a brake upgrade, and reuse the rest of the factory components, for those less "extreme" builds :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Expect an order from me in the spring :D

Unfortunately all my extra cash goes towards my ls conversion ;)

·
34 Posts
Brian, can u post up pics of this new knuckle with all the compatible brake options installed excluding fj80 brakes since most of us already know what they look like. And we need more pics. That single teaser pic just isn't enough for us! Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts