Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want rear discs and got a smoking deal on a rear 1997 fj80 axle. My question is do I need a new mc to get the brakes to work right or is the stock taco one ok? I already have a prop valve and a residual valve (do I need this since its full flaoter?) Ready to be swapped in. I have looked at a few builds that used this axle but no one talks about the brakes. This will be swapped into a 2002 taco.

·
Registered
789 Posts
You can use your master and prop valve but there will be more pedal travel than what you will be happy with. But it will work. The big bore fj80 master should probably be on your wish list.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am running the same axle in my 99 4runner with the stock mc and no problems. Now that I have 35" tires I think the bigger T100 or the 80 series LC mc are in order for the future.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It is a good idea to use the 80 mc because it does not have the residual check valve for the rear. I used the 80 axles and mc on my t4r, works well

·
Registered
187 Posts
also have a 80 rear in my 98 runner and it works with the stock master. would like a upgrade but it works pretty well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts