Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of an aftermarket FJ80 birfs? I looked through the vendor forum and all I found was "we're working on it". Does Bobby have some? Who can help me out? Oh, and is $350 a good deal on a FJ80 front axle with a blown third and no shafts? I'm lookin' for one, and I found this...

·
Registered
617 Posts
I believe if you send your birfs to bobby he will work his magic on them and send them back to you. He does not stock 80 series birfs though.

·
Registered
308 Posts
CV unlimited makes some aftermark chromoly's as well as stock replacements, and refurbished used OEM. just to get the story right they sent me the right chromoly birfs but forgot to tell me i had to switch out the drive flanges from a 91-92 fj80. The guys from CV unlimited did make up for it and overnighted me some drive flanges free (as in free shipping and fee drive flanges)...

You need to remember that with 80 series cruisers being all wheel drive, and so a treated birf from bobby would wear quite quickly. the only way most people run a bobby long treated birf for an 80 is if they send him a brand new OEM birf to start from (OEM birfs for an 80 run around 500 bucks each)...

Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much were the CV unlimited chromo ones? That sounds like the direction that I want to go. :) Got a web address for them?

I'm not too worried about it wearing quickly.. It's a trailer queen buggy, so it's not a huge deal.

Anyone know where to get an FJ80 front for a good deal? I'm looking for one. :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
cvunlimited.com

If this is a project and you dont need the parts for a while you might want to chat with bobby about when his 4340 80 series birfs will be done. might be by next summer

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It definitly is a project, but I want to be done inside of 10-12 weeks. But who knows... Maybe I can get Bobby to send me some 80 series birfs to "test out" :)

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
HA HA HA!!! Thats funny. Bobby send someone something free to "test out".

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who said anything about free? I'd pay for them! Come awn. I'm not THAT big of a whining bitch. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Available 80 series birfs...

Stock replacements....

GCK China. come complete with shafts, inexensive... $90 for the long side at Napa. No idea on quality.

URW Matsui Universal Joint Japan. Man-a-fre seems to be the only supplier in the USA. $180 Look decent... time will tell.

OEM Toyota. $400 +/-

High po joints were covered above

CV Unlimited

Long fields

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked on Napa's website for axle shafts, but I couldn't find any? Do I need to call them up to find out about them?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts