Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
…and some cut off wheels, to boot.

It’s our Flap Disc and Cut Off Wheel Combo Deal featuring Premier Grind 4.5" zirconia flap discs (German Made) and SELECT CUT 4.5” cut off wheels.

Priced at $35, this package includes:

25 – Premier Grind 4.5” x 7/8” Zirconia Type 29 Flap Discs: 10 – 40 Grit, 10 – 60 Grit, 5 – 80 Grit, and…

25 – SELECT CUT 4.5” Cut Off Wheels: Type 1 (flat)

***Roark Supply is a leading provider of abrasives used by fabricators, as well as off-road and custom car enthusiasts.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There's madness in the air...although we're not sure how much longer our Combo madness is going to last.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Father’s Day is behind us, the 4th of July is ahead and the Combo deal is still available…for a short period of time.

The combo deal will end Sunday, July 7 at midnight PDT.

Don’t miss out!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
labor day?

·
Registered
140 Posts
We primarily do HVAC work, lots of 16 ga and thinner cutting with unistrut and angle iron on occasion. What 4.5" cut off wheels would be the best for us. Long life and cutting speed is more important than cost.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We primarily do HVAC work, lots of 16 ga and thinner cutting with unistrut and angle iron on occasion. What 4.5" cut off wheels would be the best for us. Long life and cutting speed is more important than cost.
While we don't have them on our website, we carry Walter Surface Technologies cut off wheels which are considered some of the best in the industry. Give us a call (888.301.3007) and we can discuss.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I sent you folks an email with my order

Repeat customer

Please do more specials... the "other" guy is kicking your butt on pricing for flap discs... even better while we all appreciate the pirate discount run more bulk deals (ongoing for pirate customers) on here so we can compare apples to apples... capitalism is a good thing

Thanks

[email protected]

·
Registered
52 Posts
So.. I wanted to let Pirate folks know that Roark was immediately responsive to my above post.

Frank Woods, their sales person and pirate post watcher, reached out to me immediately and actually called me. He said he monitors the site regularly and saw my post.

We spoke on the phone for about twenty minutes or so and he explained how Roark is listening and that they intend to do some more bulk pricing on their site, lowering the costs of some of their hot products.

I think, of note, was the fact that he said they don't mind the little customers as well as the fab shops. He figures if their company treats the one car garage folks no differently than bulk customer that they will eventually build loyalty. We discussed at length other vendors and bidding apples for apples on products ( for me flap discs which I use a lot of)

He went on to tell me about some new lines they are going to carry and asked me if I would take a sample and give them my fair assessment of the product.. I didnt ask.. he offered. He said dont prop them for the freebie.. just give them a fair assessment. ( Ive been on Pirate almost twenty years.. I can do that.. we, after all, the end users here are very critical when its our hard spent dollars for stuff)

I mentioned that I wanted to try some of the curved flap discs for smoothing weld corners and he sent me some to try.. nada zip.. no charge.. Im not saying he will do that for everyone ( Ive ordered from Roark a number of times..pretty much because they will bulk rate stuff for me and I like the German flap discs which I abuse ( tell me one of you that doesnt)

So.. there will be some upcoming posts about some of their products that I am going to try... use.. and abuse.. they aren't paying me.. they are going to send a couple of one offs. If its a freebie Ill say that up front.

I will be fair.. maybe not Pirate brutal.. but fair.. I like doing biz with a company that is responsive and I asked them for more sales for all of us.. and for some more bulk packaged items.. for those of us who might be busier fabbing than others.

So.. moral of the story.. write our vendors if you want something.. you might be surprised.. they might just listen and jump on the chance to give better service and prices for all here

And that what it's all about

Rock on Pirate

Cam

Current projects
79 F600 4 x 4 exploration truck/56 ford cab, cummins/allison
58 Ford F600 rat rod, late model F600 chassis.. slamming it to the ground, 300 turbo, two speed rockwell, clark five speed trans
79 F350 Holmes restoration
77 F250 supercab 4 x 4 restoration
79 F600 Air force truck "sarge" upfit
79 Ford F600 goose neck puller truck,daily driver, picking up dead fords around the US

·
Registered
39 Posts
…and some cut off wheels, to boot.

It’s our Flap Disc and Cut Off Wheel Combo Deal featuring Premier Grind 4.5" zirconia flap discs (German Made) and SELECT CUT 4.5” cut off wheels.

Priced at $35, this package includes:

25 – Premier Grind 4.5” x 7/8” Zirconia Type 29 Flap Discs: 10 – 40 Grit, 10 – 60 Grit, 5 – 80 Grit, and…

25 – SELECT CUT 4.5” Cut Off Wheels: Type 1 (flat)

***Roark Supply is a leading provider of abrasives used by fabricators, as well as off-road and custom car enthusiasts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts