Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever try using them?

Problem I have is my hose has to pass through the body to mount the Rez inside.
I would prefer to use a 1" hole and a grommet rather than a 3" hole to pass the rez through then deal with sealing the large hole to the 3/4"hose.

Maybe making this to complex...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Do the quick connect hydraulic connectors introduce air into the system at all? I've wondered that about the tractor ones.

·
GIJEEPN
593 Posts
Do the quick connect hydraulic connectors introduce air into the system at all? I've wondered that about the tractor ones.
The type I linked to are spring loaded check valve that closes as you remove the coupling.

If the system is run at static pressure ( less than 14.1psi ) the atmospheric pressure could invade the system as you remove the coupling. However, if you are running the system at higher pressures I would think the pressure of the fluid on the check valve would keep the air intrusion to a minimum.

This is just me brainstorming, Although those fittings are used on almost all Heavy Duty truck hydraulic systems in the military.

YMMV,
Joel

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, from what I've seen their won't be any loss of pressure or air into the shock's, if I get the correct ones.

Need to talk to Accutune and get their thoughts..

If I could find a 3" OD grommet with a 3/4" ID I'd just punch a big hole..been looking but can't find any.

Need the 3" hole or min 2.75" for the 2.5" Rez's. They use 3/4" OD lines.

Open to ideas..

Next week need to have a game plan.

·
GIJEEPN
593 Posts
If you are passing a 3/4" hose through a 3" hole do you really need a grommet?

If you are concerned about chaffing, I would but the hose through some cheap garden hose to protect it.

I've seen lots of people run their hoses though the smallish access holes in the mounts without grommets and haven't heard about anyone cutting one.

Joel.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No unless I can use a coupling I will need to pas a 2.5" Rez through the sheetmetal then use a 3" OD grommet with a 3/4" ID to seal to the hose...

I need to get the Rez inside the body as their is no room to mount outside.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Bypass shocks have the Rez attached and will fit fine inthe mounts its just the rear Rez's that I have to get inside. I will have to have a 90* fitting to get into the body then another to turn parallel to the body inside then the Rez.

Attachments

·
Registered
946 Posts
You will have to recharge the shocks to install those fittings you are looking at. Why not unscrew the rez, slip the grommet on, install your 90* fittings and then recharge the shocks? It sounds much simpler.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
You will have to recharge the shocks to install those fittings you are looking at. Why not unscrew the rez, slip the grommet on, install your 90* fittings and then recharge the shocks? It sounds much simpler.
This.

Aaron Z

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Because there's this thing called air that you have to bleed out, and you have to pull the shaft to do this. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts