Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to get my Jeep moved TODAY and have no trailer, options are limited here. I am equiped with a flipped D300 and a towbar....

I know the whole problem flat towing a D300. I have mine flipped but to me it seems the oiling is still very much the same. I was going to pull the rear shaft but then a thought hit me......

If I leave the front diff engaged won't the front gear sling enough oil to keep the bearings wet? I thought about leaving the front in gear but then it will spin the trans with out oiling won't it? Anyone tried it? Any thoughts? I only have to go about a hundred miles.

TIA

·
Everyday is Tuesday.
46,291 Posts
take the 15 minutes to undo the driveshafts from the diffs, bungee them up and you're golden

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Take the shafts off like Mo said. Why even chance it!!? Doesnt make any sense, no reason to pose a question such as this!

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Ditto to the dorkey posted question. Even if it would lube the case with the front engauged, how do you think the (probably unbalanced) front d-shaft would take it. And why wear out the front end parts, not to mention the case with it in neutral and both lines spinning?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts