Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm a 20 year old college student who was wondering if any of you wheelers have pictures and some dimensions for a flatbed. Next semester we must build a project with some degree of diffuctly in welding class. My plan is to get some idea and then draw some plans in CAD.
Dano

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
search young :rainbow: noob, and your answers will be taken care off :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
OOP'S said:
Plans, we don't need no stinking plans!!!!! :flipoff2:
I agree. Just sketch it out on paper and go for it. Worked for me. However I did look at a bunch of flatbeds first to jog some ideas.
Measure twice, cut once (Yea Right!) :laughing:

Here's my old flatbed before it was Formulized...

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
(BOOGER WELDZ)

i put the bed sides back on to get the cops off my butt....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
(BOOGER WELDZ)

heres another one i did that never got completed...add a toolbox for simple storage of all the junk you dont want spilling everywhere when you flop....

Attachments

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hey Hammer, whatever happened to your old cab and bed. I love that thing, so clean.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
wv4runner said:
Hey Hammer, whatever happened to your old cab and bed. I love that thing, so clean.

Sobe Bomb!!! Not much left of it as you can see :smokin:

Actually I still have it in my bone-yard. Cab is yours. Just come by and grab it. I'll even bring it to the Hammers for ya :D
I still have the bed too. However I may put it on my wife's eXcab after I mangle up her sheet metal some :eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well its just all the teachers want us to think, put thoughts on paper, order material, calculate cost, and so on... They dont want kids starting something that wont get done. see most kids are building wood stoves, engine stands, car ramps, ext.... All that stuff i have no use for so it'd be a waste of time for me to build those. and i also feel a flatbed is alittle more complex to build especialy when the yoder is back home 8 hours away, and thats another reason why i need help from you guys

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
dan6628 said:
...and i also feel a flatbed is alittle more complex to build especialy when the yoder is back home 8 hours away, and thats another reason why i need help from you guys
Maybe a kit from AP or someone will work for ya. They have done most the work. All you have to do is trim to fit and weld-er-up. Other than that, I'm not sure what kind a help you are looking for from us.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
dan6628 said:
well its just all the teachers want us to think, put thoughts on paper, order material, calculate cost, and so on... They dont want kids starting something that wont get done. see most kids are building wood stoves, engine stands, car ramps, ext.... All that stuff i have no use for so it'd be a waste of time for me to build those. and i also feel a flatbed is alittle more complex to build especialy when the yoder is back home 8 hours away, and thats another reason why i need help from you guys
It's good they want you to think, asking for plans to copy here isn't what I think they ment though:p
Sounds like a cool school project, but you shouldn't just copy plans from someone else, won't learn as much as taking measurements, planning a design that will fit your truck & your type wheeling & how you will use the bed. Then making the bed from those plans.
I think there are frame plans on here somewhere to get mount placement measurements. Try the FAQ post top of this page.
GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
311 Posts
sounds cool

I'm hopping to use my CAD classes (and our school's CNC machine) to make high-steer arms amd anything else I can use it for. Just do some research aorund the board, there's more then enogh photos and info for any project. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts