Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The body of a flex joint. I need one to weld to a 2inch sq tube. Any ones that will work? I would think i need at least 2inch wide body, right?

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
This is easy Math!! If you are using a 2" Squared Tube .. then 2^2 equals 4. So you need a 4" Flex Joint :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
or you could do something like this so it fits....

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
You want the Ballisticfab Ultra 3.0 , think it's the only cartridge type weld-on joint with a body wide enough for 2.0 tube thats not been tapered or crushed.

Edit:

Poly also has a weld-on XL body with a width of 2.125.

Both these shops are vendors at PBB so go spend some money!

·
Registered
152 Posts
X2 on the Ballistic 3.0. I did this for the lower links on mine. For the upper link, I used the Ballistic 3.0 with a 1.25" stud and the square tube insert pictured above. My truck isn't running yet but it sure looks good.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Anyone know the mounting width of the currie joints?
Thanks for the Suggestions
I believe they are availible in multiple sizes. In your OP were you talking about welding the joint directly ot the tube like on the front of RE control arms? I would think you would want at least a standard 2.5 wide joint so you have room for a bead around it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i used the suicidedoors super pivot joints on my s-10 on bags and they wore out supper quick.. i was not real impressed. the one at the frame on my three link gets changed about 3 times a year!!!

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
For the people that are confused as to what the OP wants here's a pic of the RE joints I'm trying to use. A large portion of these style joints have a body(tube) length of under 2" which means you need to taper or crush the links to get 360* of welded area.

The biggest I've found is the Poly/Summit Machine XL joint with a 2.125 long body, a nice big bevel during prep. and you should be able to 100% weld these.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
The Ballistic ones are 2" wide. I beveled mine out really good and had my friend tig them up. They look good and we had no problems with the threaded portion on the side. I believe those RE ones that you posted are only 1.5" wide - correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I used RE joints everywhere. The large ones can be welded all the way around on 2" just have to get skinny on the sides. On the larger builder ball I welded it to a threaded shank that I grinded the side flat.

Comparison pic. 1st pic is the builder ball it is less than 2" wide (about 1.5"). In the second pic the large joints on the left and the larger builder ball on right

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
Currie 2.5" joints are 2" wide. Lower left joint has 2x2" tube welded to it. Mounting tab width is 2-5/8".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts