Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 169 Posts

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
cj8scrambld: i guess i could but it seems that my "big gay show truck" wouldnt have much of a fan base here, but you are correct and that i do have plans to have a cage put in it.
r0nin89: hey i will go dig up those pics, but all its going to do is just fuel the fire..
SouthernK5: you are correct man, i do plan on hitting some sand spots we have around here, i actually dont live to far from sand mountain, and a guy who i'm going to start wheeling with is going to take me out to some cool spots, he was one of the guys choosen to run in ultimate adventure last year in texas, so i'm sure he will help me along the way, and let me know how the ins and outs of wheeling.
Grumpy_old_fart: i was checking out your pics in your albums, and that is some crazy mud, that is for sure.. i dont have mud like that around here but we do have some nice mud pits that would probably be blast to hit up..

·
Registered
394 Posts
To much lift for my taste, but im not running 44's.....but a badass looking solid truck IMO...

·
Registered
281 Posts
did you not see the sage brush, and desert landscape?

are you smoking hashish/marijuana, or did you graduate straight to crack?

I live where we have mud. we have trails too. with that much lift, he would be repainting it every week.that, and the mud holes wouldnt be much of an issue, until the guy behind him got in it. with 44s, and 5.13s, he wouldnt be a very popular guy, unless he had about 500 hp and 500 ftlbs... which im betting he doesnt.

it looks like a capable street truck, so lets leave it at that: a pavement pounding marshmallow on big ol black balloon tires, or something i used to call a "condom decorator".
I like how you judge how and where he wheels by a picture of his rig in his front yard. My shop is on 90 acres of the flatest rice field land you can imagine.

Guess what, when it rains its really muddy, and me and my bros don't hit the mud anymore. We load up and drive at least 3hrs away and hit some rocks and trails.

Nice truck bro, we wheeled the piss out of our rigs with 8"-15" of lift and had a blast doin it.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
hes got a 406 in it, im sure its pretty healthy, tho i dont know the exact numbers

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
ya, the motor is a small block 406, its a 10.5:1 compression motor and it is estimated 420 hp, and 395 ft-lbs torque and thats at 5000 ft. elevation, so i dont know what that would be at sea level, but i know it would be a little more then that.
M-1028 and bronkho, thanks for the props.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Well, you're not the AVERAGE sky-high fucktard, I'll give you props for that.

I still say it's too tall, especially for your location. Keeping things lower is the distillation of rockcrawling progression over the last... well, 15yrs at least. Even monster trucks are into keeping it low. COG matters! I just dumped the hard top on my Blazer, lost a couple hundred pounds of COG-affecting weight up high, couldn't be happier. Feels a lot better. :D

On even the weak trails here, you'd be at a severe disadvantage that high. How about this for flexy 44's? well, 42's anyway. I guess you can't get a whole lot lower and keep the body, but they seemed to enjoy this thing (also note: custom linked front end):

MoabJunehole.JPG

MoabJunefront.JPG

MoabJuneside.JPG

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
is that your blazer? It looks similar to something ord use to run along time ago, either way that thing is sweet, i definitely like the way he cut his fenders, and the linked and coilovered frontend is sweet.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Yeah, that's the old ORD Blazer, all cut up, AND LOWERED into a sort of truggy that's more buggy.

It's just tooooooo tall.

·
Who?????
2,336 Posts
It is too tall in my opinion. It would be a perfect time to lower it since you have no front driveshaft. Even going to a 4" lift 52 spring will help alot. Move the front axle forward, trim fenders, measure and have a shaft built. Nice clean truck. :beer:

·
Registered
847 Posts
what lift 52's do you have in there now. 5" or 6"?

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
thanks guys, the springs in there now are tuffcountry 8"lifted 52's but i first installed them on the rear of my buddies blazer and he thought they were too tall, so he ditched them for a set of 6" t.c.'s and the truck sat at the same height, so i think they are actually 6" t.c.'s cuz the netted me around a little over 10" of lift when i installed them, but the more i think about it, the more i'm tempted to take out the 4" lift 56's in the rear and run them up front to help fix the shackle angle problem i'm having, and possibly run a 2" lift 64" spring out back.. Like i said, this is a learning process for me, and i'm just trying to see how and what works.. eventually, i'm sure i'll figure it out..

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
thanks guys, the springs in there now are tuffcountry 8"lifted 52's but i first installed them on the rear of my buddies blazer and he thought they were too tall, so he ditched them for a set of 6" t.c.'s and the truck sat at the same height, so i think they are actually 6" t.c.'s cuz the netted me around a little over 10" of lift when i installed them, but the more i think about it, the more i'm tempted to take out the 4" lift 56's in the rear and run them up front to help fix the shackle angle problem i'm having, and possibly run a 2" lift 64" spring out back.. Like i said, this is a learning process for me, and i'm just trying to see how and what works.. eventually, i'm sure i'll figure it out..

The Stock 52's usually net around 4-5" of lift. I would say that u have 6" 52's.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
You really need to replace those joints with bushings man...

·
Vendor
1,408 Posts
So what, everyone should have buggies with a 17" belly height? :shaking:

Why is everyone so quick to jump on the naysaying bandwagon? Its a tall truck and it looks good, it won't be the best performing truck in the world. Nothing is. All that matters is that you go out there and have fun doing what you want to do.

Making fun of people on the internet is, well, you know...

·
Registered
847 Posts
No. Taller is good for mall crawling and trying to impress the chicks at the local highschool:shaking:
hmm highschool chicks, those were the days :D

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Don't listen to them bud. I think it looks good. Its a beast in person BTW. That 60 front looks like I've seen it somewhere before:D. I like your idea of the 2" 64's and moving the rears up front and cut the sheetmetal. You can make the cuts look stock just move them up a few inches. Good luck.

41 - 60 of 169 Posts