Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 595 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
BrokeCuzWheelin

BrokeCuzWheelin im interestred in those headers, what year is that truck that you got it outside of the frame? ive been wanting to run mine outside of the frame but cant find a decent set of headers to work right unless i weld on some extentions

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
My 76 F150 on the ramp with my buddies ex cover truck....

I had a 4 inch Ranco lift,RS7000s & 38 Hawgs...& a few little tricks on the rear springs...

Pix are inverted....

·
Registered
349 Posts
BrokeCuzWheelin im interestred in those headers, what year is that truck that you got it outside of the frame? ive been wanting to run mine outside of the frame but cant find a decent set of headers to work right unless i weld on some extentions
I got them through JBG. They were made by Mad Dog Headers. They are for 73-79 Ford trucks. I would recommend going with L&L however. These don't clear tires very well and L&L uses smaller tube diameters and tucks the tubes closer to the frame. Also, I have a 460 in my truck. If you have a 351/400 I couldn't tell you who makes fender exit headers. I don't think you'd be able to just weld extensions on regular headers unless the extensions are bent to clear the steering, frame, and coil buckets, in which case you would basically be building your own custom headers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Headman makes fender-exit headers for 351m-400m motors, got them on my tuck. I would recommend getting the ceramic coatings, looks much better especially if you get into mud/sand. They hold up better.

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
that bronco is huge but its weird how stable it is 42" TSLs on recentered h1's buggy spring rear 35 spline chromo with long field u joints high pinon 60 with a detroit and 35 spline rear i think

·
Registered
98 Posts
My junk. 66 Bronco with some minor mods...

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
that bronco is huge but its weird how stable it is 42" TSLs on recentered h1's buggy spring rear 35 spline chromo with long field u joints high pinon 60 with a detroit and 35 spline rear i think
it's gotta be the u-joints :flipoff2:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Mine's an average flexer, but I'll take the 20 inches of ground clearance
over the superflex anyday (can't really get huge susp travel with mogs
unless your 10 feet high or build a chassis around the axles). I routinely
walk right over things that others slam their diffs into. Driving directly
over and/or taking totally effed up lines that others can't makes sick
flex not needed. Does look cool though.

You need susp that moves in order to keep up with this thing on the trail. I know, ive tried :p

Here ya go white rhino, since you want to see some flex pics. 6" coils up front, stock leafs w/ shackle flip + AAL out back. Wait till i re-do the rear susp this summer!

41 - 60 of 595 Posts