Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a 454 in my 85k5. Flexplate dont bolt up to the 700. Do I need a new converter? or a new flexplate?

The 700 sems to be a 3bolt pattern smaller than the 454s 4bolt pattern.

Charlo

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
I ran into this prob myself. I put the 700 in behind my 454, didn't eeven pay attention to the bolt pattern. Well, it didnt' line up, and I am NOT pulling the tranny to fix it. I'm gonna use a Dremel and hog the holes out. make sure you do them long ways, not side ways, and take enough off that the bolt is free in the hole. The last time a I did that, some of the holes were off, and toasted my tranny. Used a high lift jack and four blocks of wood just to lift it in here......

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran into this prob myself. I put the 700 in behind my 454, didn't eeven pay attention to the bolt pattern. Well, it didnt' line up, and I am NOT pulling the tranny to fix it. I'm gonna use a Dremel and hog the holes out. make sure you do them long ways, not side ways, and take enough off that the bolt is free in the hole. The last time a I did that, some of the holes were off, and toasted my tranny. Used a high lift jack and four blocks of wood just to lift it in here......
I like the sound of that. Am I crazy or is the 700 3bolts and 454 4bolts(maybe my 700 was missing a bolt).

Also there is a 1/2" gap between the flex and converter. I dont think a dremel will work for me :mad:
Sure am glad my rig is not as high as yours though :flipoff2:
Thanks for advice

Charlo

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Summit hooked me up with a TCI that has both patterns for $68.

Charlo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts